Mark Sullivan Video Death At My Feet - Reviewed and Ethics Evaluated

I watched Black Death and Use Enough Death and I learned a few things about different calibers, bullets and stopping power. As far as Mark Sullivan's ego, well I live in southern Alabama and we got some hunters down here with ego's as high as friggin Mt. Everest. I can live with that plus the man broke no laws which is more that I can say for the other hunters with big ego's. When Mark is gone we'll probably all realise that he wasn't such a bad guy after all. We can still learn something from him even if we don't like him. Just saying.

I doffs me lid to the bloke,one he can shoot and two he has nerves of steel and three he gets the job done.
The best are allowed to crow when they are the best.
There are many out there that say they can do it...but can they really?

The problem with the guy is well known. You don't even have to have inside information to see and understand it. In Black Death, near the beginning of his "career", he purposefully walks up to a wounded buff on the ground to stimulate a charge- the camera was ready and all was set. Only ONE reason to do that! Many who make their living (or massage their egos) by peddling stories or videos (or earlier film) have similar mentalities- MS isn't the only one. IIRC back in the 50s, Donald Ker quit participating, out of disgust, in similar escapades.

Last edited:
There’s a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it. Sullivan definitely lives in the wrong camp, in my opinion. The question isn’t whether what he does is legal, but whether what he does is ethical (after all, there are plenty of laws which allow actions some would consider very much unethical, abortion being a classic example).

Mark Sullivan gives us all a bad name. Seriously, his productions are rocket fuel for those who would lobby to end hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg