Lift needed for a couple of jackets from US to Johannesburg

"you can always find the time to do the things you really want to do and always find the money to buy the things you really want".
Me also....then I ran into a few other things called "wives"

Me also....then I ran into a few other things called "wives"
That right there is your problem.

And if you had kids with those wives then it is compounded exponetely.

I only got rid of one and she cost me dearly by the time that I was done. And a year later I was flat broke. But I knew what I wanted to do, so I buckled down, worked 60+ hours a week and stayed away from women for quite a while.

I'm going on my second safari next June and would have no problem of packing a couple of jackets, and or some other things for a member of this forum or part of my outfitters family.

This world takes all kinds....

My last trip over had a member ask if I'd take his broadheads over as he was flying through some airport that wouldn't allow him to have them or maybe it was just too big a pain in the butt with paper work etc, I can't remember...think it was Amsterdam. He was hunting the same lodge I was, arrived the afternoon of the morning I left. I was more than glad to help out a fellow hunter he shipped them to me and I packed them in my luggage. Left them with the secretary at the lodge.

Think the OP's looking for reliability of delivery vs trying to save a buck...but that's my opinion just like your opinion is he's trying to save a buck... think everyone had the same reaction when they read your post as I did...this got interesting quick, I'd have to agree with another post in that I thought there was a personal backstory there. But it appears there's not.

Also...It cheaper to keep her...especially till the kids are grown!

This got interesting very quick:unsure:

Thanks for everyone that offered , much appreciated !

Was just asking for a quicker more reliable methode of transport than the good old South African post office , that normally takes a few months in a good year never mind a covid year to arrive , if it doesn't get lost on way.So not asking for a freebie

I have never met or spoken to Sambarhunter nor his wives:LOL: so no beef between us!

For what you charge for a hunt I would expect that you could afford to pay the freight.
What a shite reply...same for the other replies as well.....
"Wifes" "5 kids you know of" are you a rabbit?

Wives……sounds self inflicted!

Must be some really cool jackets. Probably something like this.
E1E8BB94-AA19-43F2-86F3-A3A041A618EC.jpeg

I guess that got interesting in a hurry.... very first reaction post! What in the hell was that comment about? @sambarhunter, you sound like you have a giant chip on your shoulder along with a classic "everyone else is rich and privileged" syndrome and crap attitude. Jeez get a life and what business is it of yours anyway. It is very common to take stuff back and forth for others on these trips. Not a thing wrong with it if the material is otherwise legal to transport. I have been in on both ends of the process... taking clothing, shoes, cloth material, forgotten equipment and bits and bobs over or back for people and having others do the same for me. It has NOTHING to do with cost of shipping. Your ignorant comment reflects a 180 degree out of plumb lack of understanding of the premise of the OP's request. It is simply about relaying everyday items without huge delay and the real, if not likely, loss, damage and pilfering that is common within the post/shipping system there. I don't think you will have to worry about anyone in this group transporting anything, as a favor to you, in the future.

As a favor to me some custom jewelry of lions floating bones necklace for my wife was delivered to states by an outfitter. There was no reliability in postal service and absolutely guaranteed to be stolen. This was pre- Lion ban
Another time I took massaging setup into Zimbabwe for outfitters wife on a elephant hunt
The anti-mosquito dope leaked in bag and got me red flagged on the bag. When the lady opened the kit with handle, charger, and multiple heads she about passed out
Quickly explaining massage not sex toy I got through
Bottom line it’s fairly common to circumvent unreliable mail system
Loved the snicker bar comment. Relax and cheers

Waterproof?
It’s a new line of Camo for the rainy season. The animals think you are a rainbow.

Just imagine a heard of zebra feeding out in the open. One looks up and sees the rainbow and says to his friend “Hey Bob check it out, it’s a rainbow and it’s coming right for us”. Then before Bob can point out that rainbows generally don’t carry guns and don’t smell like they are sweating out yesterday’s Castle Lager, BAM, Bob the zebra takes one right in the boiler room. Now Bob is a rug all because his friend was too dumb to tell the difference between a rainbow and some idiot who would hunt in a rainbow jacket.

Bloody hell hope someone can make the personal choice and has a little extra space to get the job done.

Have a nice weekend!

I am the reply police! Take the hint!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross