Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Wildlife ranching SA.Phasa
HI AH Members

If anyone is coming through Johannesburg Int Airport from US in the next few weeks and have space in their luggage for 3 jackets , I would greatly appreciate it.I would pick them up at the airport.

I will get UPS to send them to your door.

Thanks

Regards

Rouan

That’s a rough thing to say, no one is getting rich in the PH biz.

Rouan, if you can wait, I will be coming over in mid-September and would be happy to bring them over (as long as they're not too bulky). There will be two of us, so we can spit them up between our suitcases.

Its not rough at all,I am a retired worker on the Australian age pension AND even I can afford the friggin` price!
Your remark sounds a bit pointed. Are you upset with Tsala or just the industry in general?

Its not rough at all,I am a retired worker on the Australian age pension AND even I can afford the friggin` price!
On this forum we like to help one another and be pleasant. You have been a member since 2009 and you haven't learnt that nicety yet? Sad.

Can bring over in October if thats an option on your end Rouan.

I'm coming over in early Sep. but I would have to know what they are to see if I would have room.

I mailed a package from PA (eastern United States) to a PH in Van Der Kloof, RSA. It took three days to get to Johannesburg and and close to three months before he was finally able to pick it up at the post office. This wasn't during the pandemic either. It has nothing to do with the cost. It's the reliability of RSA postal system.

On this forum we like to help one another and be pleasant. You have been a member since 2009 and you haven't learnt that nicety yet? Sad.
Yes Kevvy I agree with you as you are always right.
I will add one thing Kevvy old chum, I see that you joined in 2018 and have become a resident shrink also.

Your remark sounds a bit pointed. Are you upset with Tsala or just the industry in general?

No not at all with Tsala and if my opine needs an explanation well I will do so.
Its pretty simple when one reads of the deals/offers/hunts/ prices/day rates/trophy fees etc generally in the multiple 1000`s of dollars that are well out of reach of the ordinary workers that have to save for some time to take a deal. Unlike the big bucks boys that have the money at the ready.
When I see a request as the OP I equate it to "seeking freebies" .

I don't know sambar; he's probably a great guy. But when 375Fox mentioned Snickers, this is what popped in my head... Because you're not you when you're hungry. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its pretty simple when one reads of the deals/offers/hunts/ prices/day rates/trophy fees etc generally in the multiple 1000`s of dollars that are well out of reach of the ordinary workers that have to save for some time to take a deal. Unlike the big bucks boys that have the money at the ready.

Considering the cost of running an outfit and associated expenses in marketing etc., you are right about the cost to clients. As such the target market for the safaris is not the hoi polloi. ;)

That being said, of all of the outfitters in Africa, the RSA outfitters are the most reasonably priced where there is a hunt for just about any budget.

As mentioned above, the problem with RSA and a lot of other countries is not the shipping but the paperwork and reliability.

My luggage allowance is 32kg per bag. I use barely over half even with 5kg of ammo, I have used the excess capacity to ferry legal items across in the past and most likely will do so again. It is not an inconvenience for me when the recipient picks the items up.

Yes Kevvy I agree with you as you are always right.
I will add one thing Kevvy old chum, I see that you joined in 2018 and have become a resident shrink also.

No not at all with Tsala and if my opine needs an explanation well I will do so.
I was always just a working stiff, no real education, just worked at various jobs, some paid better than others. Made the first 4 of my 8 trips as that working stiff.
Sort of reminds me of something my dad used to tell us when we whined to him about either not having time to do things, or didnt have the money to buy things. He would simply say,
"you can always find the time to do the things you really want to do and always find the money to buy the things you really want".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you