Leopard Pictures

Leopard in Namibia

Leopard footage taken at Ozondjahe...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice leopard. I assumed you only had/shot smaller cats. That looks to be a very nice sized leopard. Are they all that tame? whats the deal with that leopard letting you film him?
 
Tap, large areas, low hunting presure you'd be surprised I have allot of footage of Toms on Kwalata during the day, as well as some good digital picks.

Namibia has some monster cats so do the Waterberg mountains in SA as well as the lowveld of zim.

Not that uncommon on big areas. Good luck with yours, hope you enjoy it.

My best always
 
Leopard is next on my list. Man they are just awesome!
 
Will keep all updated, during the year, should take 2 big Toms, I am old fashioned though and like the baited hunts have done many hound hunts in the past, and have no issue with it and found it exciting.

But let me tell you sitting in pitch blackness a hearing a leopards growl/saw as it comes down a valley or rivine will test all your breathing skills it is damm good, I truly do not care whether you have succesfully hunted 30 or 1 you will find it absolutly breath taking!!!

One of those experiences that you just keep on wanting more and more of as a ph and most definitly as a hunter!

My best, good luck Tom!
 
Jaco, You sound like maybe you've hunted a cat just once in your life, maybe twice. In addition you sound like you might also know one or two things about africa? hahaha

Anyways, I'm going to be hunting for a leopard with hounds on the doddieburn ranch of zimbabwe which is south of bulawayo. From what I hear it is suppose to be in the lowveld???? Do you know anything of this area? it borders John Sharps area and they haven't hunted leopards on this aread for 10 years now. I know John Sharps takes big cats but do you think I have a real good chance at a large tom? Is this definitely a good area for monster cats?

Thanks Jacco
 
Tap a good Leopard is most definitly on the cards for you, the are has some really big toms and most definitly some of the largest in Zim.
Yeeehaaa!!!

Please keep us updated and all the best!
My very best always.
 
Nice cat...

Good luck tap.
 
Jaco,
may god curse you with many sleepless nights as you have just done for me. Next time just lie to the dumb americans and tell them there are no big cats in the area.

Boy I sure hope there's big ones. Mostly I hope he doesn't tree with the dogs. I would love a cat held up in a brush pile. Having the possibility of a charging cat gets my blood pumping!

thanks Jaco
 
That's a nice leopard. I assumed you only had/shot smaller cats. That looks to be a very nice sized leopard. Are they all that tame? whats the deal with that leopard letting you film him?

tap, This Leopard was filmed from a blind, a beautiful encounter that you get to experience once in a while just by being at the right place at the right time... The Otjozondjupa regions where we are located has the highest concentration of Leopard in Namibia and there are today more Leopards than 15 years ago... Just wish we had more cameras going to take video footage of these moments more often!

Map showing the Otjozondjupa regions of Namibia that I am referring to...

hunting_namibia.gif



All the best on your Leopard hunt in Zimbabwe! Let's see some good pictures of your monster Leopard with you, the team and the hounds...

Here is another Leopard video...

Short version

Long version
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This video just reminded me of how curious those darn Warthogs are.

I climbed out of a blind just as one entered a clearing (15 yards) and came within 5 yards as I sat on the ground and watched. Much closer than those hogs went to that Leopard in the video. No fear, just curiosity. I walked away hunched over and they continued on their way, never spooked.
Since they can run that fast I can see why they were not worried.
 
Awesome Jerome!

My best always.
 
Great footage, big cat .... very nice. look at the black collar, beautiful..
thanks for sharing
 
Fantastic pictures and videos! Thanks Jerome
 
I had the privilege of taking this Great Tom with my good friend Petri Melaainen, 2 nights ago, 15 October 2012, after many hours of pre baiting and some nights in the blind Petri and myself were in the right place, right set up and right frame of mind when this Tom pitched in.

I had baited him for 8 days during which he visited the bait 5 times, this was the fifth and at around 7:15pm it all came together.

at 7' 7" and 78kg it is a trophy to be very proud of and a true once in a life time experience. Petri congratulaitions you are a giant amongst men!!!!!! it was a great honor to share this experience with you.

My very best always.

DSCN0985.jpgDSCN1014.jpg
 
I had the privilege of taking this Great Tom with my good friend Petri Melaainen, 2 nights ago, 15 October 2012, after many hours of pre baiting and some nights in the blind Petri and myself were in the right place, right set up and right frame of mind when this Tom pitched in.

I had baited him for 8 days during which he visited the bait 5 times, this was the fifth and at around 7:15pm it all came together.

at 7' 7" and 78kg it is a trophy to be very proud of and a true once in a life time experience. Petri congratulaitions you are a giant amongst men!!!!!! it was a great honor to share this experience with you.

Very nice cat.
 
Wow, what a beautiful cat Jaco!
 
Congrats Jaco, a really fine cat.
 
Great cat Jaco! Congrat's on a job well done!
 
I had the privilege of taking this Great Tom with my good friend Petri Melaainen, 2 nights ago, 15 October 2012, after many hours of pre baiting and some nights in the blind Petri and myself were in the right place, right set up and right frame of mind when this Tom pitched in.

I had baited him for 8 days during which he visited the bait 5 times, this was the fifth and at around 7:15pm it all came together.

at 7' 7" and 78kg it is a trophy to be very proud of and a true once in a life time experience. Petri congratulaitions you are a giant amongst men!!!!!! it was a great honor to share this experience with you.

My very best always.

View attachment 14280View attachment 14281

Really nice Tom Jaco if you find yourself needing a place to put him I think I can find a place in my game room. Congrats
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,332
Members
170,550
Latest member
ArmandoHig
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top