Latest Rigby

I have owned one since their first year of production - in .275. I have hunted the Hill country with it and Zambia. It also has a Leica scope on it (like most of my rifles). Perhaps you might actually pick one up before drawing too many "clever" conclusions about the rifle or your fellow members? :unsure:

Puku  Hunting Zambia
No offence meant, and I apologise for expressing myself poorly.

I took the Rigby to the range Sunday. I fired Federal, Barnes and Hornady ammo. It was easy for me to keep 4 shots inside 2" shooting off the sticks at 50 yards with the iron sights.

I bought a set of the new, European style shooting sticks and was trying them out for the first time as well. It will take more practice to get used to them. I feel like a monkey trying to screw a football when I am setting them up. Are they steadier? Slightly. However, I shot just as well with my old Bog Pod. I do not like the fact that it will not "stand on its own", and hanging my rifle and kit on it is definitely out of the question. I will need to play with them more before I form a final opinion.

I took the Rigby to the range Sunday. I fired Federal, Barnes and Hornady ammo. It was easy for me to keep 4 shots inside 2" shooting off the sticks at 50 yards with the iron sights.

I bought a set of the new, European style shooting sticks and was trying them out for the first time as well. It will take more practice to get used to them. I feel like a monkey trying to screw a football when I am setting them up. Are they steadier? Slightly. However, I shot just as well with my old Bog Pod. I do not like the fact that it will not "stand on its own", and hanging my rifle and kit on it is definitely out of the question. I will need to play with them more before I form a final opinion.
Nice shooting.

I am not sure what you mean by European style. Can you share a picture? In Spain and Austria I have used a bipod, African style tripod, and one of the newer two-point supports.

Nice shooting.

I am not sure what you mean by European style. Can you share a picture? In Spain and Austria I have used a bipod, African style tripod, and one of the newer two-point supports.
Good evening. I have a set of GunStix that I ordered from Hunters Networks. They are the newer, two-point supports. I left them at the lease this morning so I will post a photo tomorrow if you like. I can't make an educated comment on them without more practice, but as of this moment the BogPod tripod with the big V support is my favorite.

That is a beautiful rifle, congratulations! Buffalo, elephant, whatever.

Well done SFRanger7GP. (y)

Your story sounds similar to mine. I've been culling all the rifles from my safes that I don't use or that I'm not 100% satisfied with....It won't be long until all that's left will be Rigby's and Blaser. And....maybe a few others (y)

These Rigby's a a tad addictive. I picked up my latest one today...........in 416 Rigby. I went for the Single Square Bridge and I got her in the PH version.

I'm pretty happy with her. If she shoots anything like my DSB in 375 H&H or my Highland in 30/06 I'll be more than happy.

IMG_2784.JPG
IMG_2779.JPG

Very nice Rigby! Currently waiting for my very own to arrive.

Good evening. I have a set of GunStix that I ordered from Hunters Networks. They are the newer, two-point supports. I left them at the lease this morning so I will post a photo tomorrow if you like. I can't make an educated comment on them without more practice, but as of this moment the BogPod tripod with the big V support is my favorite.
Here are a couple pics of the gunstix as promised. Tried to use them to shoot some pigs and a doe or 2 off the wheat fields. I ended up laying them on the ground and crawling up to use one of the fence post cross bars. (Disclaimer up front: this is my experience at this point in time) Set up is slow and awkward and definitely will require lots of practice before I can use them with any confidence. My wife will probably like them but I always set up the sticks for her. Setting them up by yourself almost requires that third arm I was "promised" for getting the covid vaccine. :LOL::LOL::LOL: And, I don't know how people are setting them up so they will hold a rifle unsupported, but I cannot (and won't) do that.

Before I can swear by them or condemn them, I need to practice with them some more and that is on me. Your mileage may differ.

gunstix 1.jpg
gunstix2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg