Kynoch 470

Heym 88

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
584
Reaction score
237
Media
23
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
Has anyone here used Kynoch 470 ammo in their double rifles. If so, what kind of results? Now that my other two rifles have been sorted out, I'm ready to start work on my Searcy 470. I realize their ammo is expensive which is why a lot of people don't use it, but if it regulates the best for MY gun, why not use it. Just curious as to anyone used it in their gun. Thanks.
 
I have not used Kynoch ammo in my .470 but I would contact Safari Arms. They offer a few different services to match a load for your rifle. Very good
service and reasonable. I got better results from the load they worked up for my rifle than factory ammo.
 
I have an old brit double rifle in .475 NE (Straight)
I use the new Kynoch (and reloads..) as it regulates well in my rifle..about 2" at 50 metres..

The .470 should have pretty similar ballistics..

I get an average of 2158fps from 23" barrels and it penetrated 95 centimetres in 2 x 8" pinewood from 20m range with 480 grain Woodleigh solids...this is the ammo I will use on my next elephant hunt..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,455
Messages
1,576,639
Members
170,612
Latest member
ericdz77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top