Heym 88

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
Has anyone here used Kynoch 470 ammo in their double rifles. If so, what kind of results? Now that my other two rifles have been sorted out, I'm ready to start work on my Searcy 470. I realize their ammo is expensive which is why a lot of people don't use it, but if it regulates the best for MY gun, why not use it. Just curious as to anyone used it in their gun. Thanks.

I have not used Kynoch ammo in my .470 but I would contact Safari Arms. They offer a few different services to match a load for your rifle. Very good
service and reasonable. I got better results from the load they worked up for my rifle than factory ammo.

I have an old brit double rifle in .475 NE (Straight)
I use the new Kynoch (and reloads..) as it regulates well in my rifle..about 2" at 50 metres..

The .470 should have pretty similar ballistics..

I get an average of 2158fps from 23" barrels and it penetrated 95 centimetres in 2 x 8" pinewood from 20m range with 480 grain Woodleigh solids...this is the ammo I will use on my next elephant hunt..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbigailSuh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!