Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
Hi all, finally after a 2 1/2 year wait I've finished my Kudu and Oryx mounts from my awesome hunt in Namibia with Kowas Safaris in 2016. I don't really have room for them but will jam them somewhere! Initially the drawers were only makeshift pedestals but now I don't mind them....and they're functional I guess. Very happy to have them done, fantastic memories!

Cheers
Tim

DSCN2435.JPG
DSCN2426.JPG
DSCN2428.JPG
DSCN2469.JPG
DSCN2449.JPG
DSCN2477.JPG
DSCN2434.JPG
DSCN2487.JPG
DSCN2437.JPG
DSCN2456.JPG
DSCN2453.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice and the kudu is really well done. It looks like it’s alive and on the look out

Very nice! Curios about the 2-1/2 year wait, was that by design or did you encounter some problems along the way?

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Very nice! Curios about the 2-1/2 year wait, was that by design or did you encounter some problems along the way?

A little from Column A, a little from Column B mate....

Unfortunately, Trophaendienste Taxidermy in Namibia destroyed all of our capes and we had to wait a further year to have them replaced, all well documented on here.

But the rest of the wait was on me.....as a Taxidermist my own mounts always get left for last....I'm the worst paying customer I've got haha ;)

Cheers guys.
Tim

Last edited:
Nice!!!

Nice job.

Well done

Thanks one and all for the kind comments. Very happy with the result, it was a lot of hard work.

Very nice, I assume they are going either side of the bed, seeing as you used drawers for the base. (y)

Haha we'll see what the wife has to say about that :whistle:

When money allows I'd like to have some custom pedestals built. But at the moment I'm spending it all hunting :D

Cheers
Tim

Very nice, congrats !

I like the idea of drawers, opening doors, wine rack, liquor cabinet, etc on the pedestal. Of course I’m a “form follows function” retired engineer.

I like the idea of drawers, opening doors, wine rack, liquor cabinet, etc on the pedestal. Of course I’m a “form follows function” retired engineer.

Hmmmm...liquor cabinet......now you're talking :E Hmmm::D Beers:

Well done! And I second the liquor cabinet idea!!

Well my Christmas gift to myself was a pair of custom built pedestal bases to finally finish these mounts. Delivered just in time on Christmas eve.

Very happy with the result. Just need more room now!!

Cheers
Tim

20181224_162954.jpg
20181224_162924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg