www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Our season has kicked off with some amazing animals taken already and we will start posting them soon. Thought as a change up, let's start the thread a little bit different this year. One of our PH's managed to record this Kudu bull through his spotting scope today where he bedded down during the mid-morning sun. He's a little bit different, and would you take him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting and yes in a heart beat.

I think I’d pass?

How would you get to him? Go above and work down? He is a beautiful animal no doubt.

How would you get to him? Go above and work down? He is a beautiful animal no doubt.
Impossible to say without seeing the terrain around him.

I think I’d pass?
I don’t really have a good reason. He just doesn’t grab me like a regular “V” shaped bull I guess. But if you told me to shoot…

I don't know if its shadow but his neck seems enormous. I think he is a very full bodied bull.
He's a bull that would surpass 50" for sure.

IMG20220404172512.jpg

Nice. What did he measure at marius?

Ismail

I get a little weak for kudu and this one is unique. He is not my dream bull but more likely than not I would take this bull. Just a neat and unique bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drlovelove

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.