Judging Eland

DH, that hairdo seems to just be part of the trophy.
Ses, Zim for Eland that should be interesting.
I'll try and play show and tell with one from Namibia in July.

E, where are your pictures? Did I miss them.

This eland was shot in the East Cape with Russ Field Safari. He measures around 30 inches. I wish he had more hair on the forehead. But he does have a huge dewlap.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
enysee, that's a wonderful animal, and the hunter looks quite proud as well. Headed to the dark continent June 5th, will be joined by nkjonas, Willem from Koedoeberg says the grasses are quite high and the hunting has been great this year. Scott , will post some photo's from my hunt soon.

Thats a fantastic eland enysse! Be very happy to get one that nice next month.
35bore, good luck on your safari! Shoot straight!

Thanks guys, good luck 35Bore, Willem sounds like a really good guy. And sestoppelman, you will have a good time in Zimbabwe.... with Touch Safari.

David, that is what I will be looking for in June! Verrrrrry nice.

ses,

Just sat down to finally read this months edition of "Safari." There's a story on hunting Eland tracking style with Jonathan Collett of Touch Africa. Sounds like a hoot, good luck!

Phil,

Is that the SCI Mag Safari you mean?

sestoppelman, I long for very little, but shooting staight is of the things I long for. Good luck in Zimbabwe. Kathy, Hunter and I will be going to Zambia after the hunt with Koedoeberg, going to see Victoria Falls, why go that far and not, right. Scott.

35bore, Thanks and the same to ya!

Hi guy's

Here is my first Eland, I wish I could have gotten him with bow but did not have much of a choice in the matter, long story LOL.

DSC_0108.jpg

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

E, that is a great Eland and
Louis the ridges on your first are pretty amazing.
Ok, now I have to join the hunt with Ses off to Zim and I'll chase one of these monsters down while I am in Namibia. (I hope)

Hope for a mature one, hairdo or not!

Thank you for the compliment Brickburn he was quite nice 35" but I would dearly love to take a old tank of a bull with really worked down horns but that one will have to be with bow LOL.

Good luck in getting a massive old bull Namibia is a great place to go look for one that is for sure!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

sestoppelman, I long for very little, but shooting staight is of the things I long for. Good luck in Zimbabwe. Kathy, Hunter and I will be going to Zambia after the hunt with Koedoeberg, going to see Victoria Falls, why go that far and not, right. Scott.

Victoria Falls is definitely something to see, you guys are in for a treat.

Thanks guys, good luck 35Bore, Willem sounds like a really good guy. And sestoppelman, you will have a good time in Zimbabwe.... with Touch Safari.

Very good luck to you sestoppleman and remember to post about it afterwards.

Thank you David, I sure will.

Scoring Spiral-Horned Animals

Howdy All!!
I hope this pic comes through ok. Regarding the eland, I wasn't too concerned with the measurements of the animal but I wanted one that was old and hopefully out-of-service. This beautiful fellow is my favorite trophy of all. I am new at hunting, so I would welcome any comments. He was so massive!!!
Cheers!!

DSC_1106.JPG

great article Jerome. I learned a ton. Thank you for writing this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois