Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

Thanks to everyone who watched this thread develop. It’s been a blast for both Erik and I. I know Erik will have additional pictures to post. I look forward to getting them home and enjoying them for hopefully many years to come. Hopefully I’ll get back to Africa next year, I have a possible second date with Mr. Spots!

Thanks to everyone who watched this thread develop. It’s been a blast for both Erik and I. I know Erik will have additional pictures to post. I look forward to getting them home and enjoying them for hopefully many years to come. Hopefully I’ll get back to Africa next year, I have a possible second date with Mr. Spots!
Thanks for starting this thread guys! It has been fun and interesting. I had no doubt that your animals were going to be done to your satisfaction. Erik has worked his ass off, except for lounging on a unicorn floatie in the pool(which looked gay as hell BTW)! Lol
Excellent work and congratulations to both of you guys!
Cheers,
Cody

A couple of members have asked about the nose on the buffalo as it looks rounded, here’s a picture of my buffalo after I shot him. You can see that he has a ‘ Roman’ nose shape which Erik recreated to the pose.

D7EAACB8-4868-472A-80BB-7F23B1851D8C.jpeg
6E7FA021-37A4-4DA3-84C8-A3EBF897C15C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So who brushes the teeth? The Taxidermist or the Hunter/Owner? :D

I have also enjoyed watching this thread develop and with anticipation for new pictures each time!

Wow, I skip a day, and I come back to two pages of post and the buff is done! :confused::confused: LOL!!! Gents this has been one of the best post I have followed since I've been a member. This post had everything, suspense, fun, the progress of the mount, oh yeah, and the pole dancer. Great job. (y)(y)

On a serious note, outstanding job Erik, that is one beautiful mount. JB, I know you'll need a bigger house. Hopefully when you move to GA, I'll get an invite to see the mount in person. :)

Wow, I skip a day, and I come back to two pages of post and the buff is done! :confused::confused: LOL!!! Gents this has been one of the best post I have followed since I've been a member. This post had everything, suspense, fun, the progress of the mount, oh yeah, and the pole dancer. Great job. (y)(y)

On a serious note, outstanding job Erik, that is one beautiful mount. JB, I know you'll need a bigger house. Hopefully when you move to GA, I'll get an invite to see the mount in person. :)
Thank you sir

I agree. Great work Erik and thank you and Johnny for including all of us on the process. Highly enjoyable post to follow.

100 % you will have an open invite for BBQ , booze and trophy room viewing! LOL

One more thing I need to mention and compliment on is Erik received my capes in March and everything completed in July. Cant beat that! That's my kind of turn around. Once I have everything and I can actually see them in person I ll give members an update.

I don't know about you guys but I am patiently waiting for final pictures of my buffalo. Just kidding brother.....Hey @Bullthrower338 I m starting to believe he's on that unicorn float somewhere! Oh ya with some kind of colored drink no less! :LOL:

I don't know about you guys but I am patiently waiting for final pictures of my buffalo. Just kidding brother.....Hey @Bullthrower338 I m starting to believe he's on that unicorn float somewhere! Oh ya with some kind of colored drink no less! :LOL:
No doubt! Or maybe he is slurking around a clays match checking out college girls in booty shorts, but that is just a guess!:whistle:

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/gizmo-jr-at-texas-state-shoot.44482/
No doubt! Or maybe he is slurking around a clays match checking out college girls in booty shorts, but that is just a guess!:whistle:
Well maybe a little of that too:X3:

Probably in the shade with a cold one. Hit 109 in Southern Ok today. Figure it is that or worse in Texas panhandle

Final photos...….. Please..:A Popcorn:

great thread guys and some absolutely awesome taxidermy!!! thanks for all the updates through the process. I know
johnny has to be happy, but it was fun for the rest of us to ride along!
:D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois