Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

Thanks to everyone who watched this thread develop. It’s been a blast for both Erik and I. I know Erik will have additional pictures to post. I look forward to getting them home and enjoying them for hopefully many years to come. Hopefully I’ll get back to Africa next year, I have a possible second date with Mr. Spots!

Thanks to everyone who watched this thread develop. It’s been a blast for both Erik and I. I know Erik will have additional pictures to post. I look forward to getting them home and enjoying them for hopefully many years to come. Hopefully I’ll get back to Africa next year, I have a possible second date with Mr. Spots!
Thanks for starting this thread guys! It has been fun and interesting. I had no doubt that your animals were going to be done to your satisfaction. Erik has worked his ass off, except for lounging on a unicorn floatie in the pool(which looked gay as hell BTW)! Lol
Excellent work and congratulations to both of you guys!
Cheers,
Cody

A couple of members have asked about the nose on the buffalo as it looks rounded, here’s a picture of my buffalo after I shot him. You can see that he has a ‘ Roman’ nose shape which Erik recreated to the pose.

D7EAACB8-4868-472A-80BB-7F23B1851D8C.jpeg
6E7FA021-37A4-4DA3-84C8-A3EBF897C15C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So who brushes the teeth? The Taxidermist or the Hunter/Owner? :D

I have also enjoyed watching this thread develop and with anticipation for new pictures each time!

Wow, I skip a day, and I come back to two pages of post and the buff is done! :confused::confused: LOL!!! Gents this has been one of the best post I have followed since I've been a member. This post had everything, suspense, fun, the progress of the mount, oh yeah, and the pole dancer. Great job. (y)(y)

On a serious note, outstanding job Erik, that is one beautiful mount. JB, I know you'll need a bigger house. Hopefully when you move to GA, I'll get an invite to see the mount in person. :)

Wow, I skip a day, and I come back to two pages of post and the buff is done! :confused::confused: LOL!!! Gents this has been one of the best post I have followed since I've been a member. This post had everything, suspense, fun, the progress of the mount, oh yeah, and the pole dancer. Great job. (y)(y)

On a serious note, outstanding job Erik, that is one beautiful mount. JB, I know you'll need a bigger house. Hopefully when you move to GA, I'll get an invite to see the mount in person. :)
Thank you sir

I agree. Great work Erik and thank you and Johnny for including all of us on the process. Highly enjoyable post to follow.

100 % you will have an open invite for BBQ , booze and trophy room viewing! LOL

One more thing I need to mention and compliment on is Erik received my capes in March and everything completed in July. Cant beat that! That's my kind of turn around. Once I have everything and I can actually see them in person I ll give members an update.

I don't know about you guys but I am patiently waiting for final pictures of my buffalo. Just kidding brother.....Hey @Bullthrower338 I m starting to believe he's on that unicorn float somewhere! Oh ya with some kind of colored drink no less! :LOL:

I don't know about you guys but I am patiently waiting for final pictures of my buffalo. Just kidding brother.....Hey @Bullthrower338 I m starting to believe he's on that unicorn float somewhere! Oh ya with some kind of colored drink no less! :LOL:
No doubt! Or maybe he is slurking around a clays match checking out college girls in booty shorts, but that is just a guess!:whistle:

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/gizmo-jr-at-texas-state-shoot.44482/
No doubt! Or maybe he is slurking around a clays match checking out college girls in booty shorts, but that is just a guess!:whistle:
Well maybe a little of that too:X3:

Probably in the shade with a cold one. Hit 109 in Southern Ok today. Figure it is that or worse in Texas panhandle

Final photos...….. Please..:A Popcorn:

great thread guys and some absolutely awesome taxidermy!!! thanks for all the updates through the process. I know
johnny has to be happy, but it was fun for the rest of us to ride along!
:D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg