Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

paint white the dermis areas , then chocolate brown LITTLE bit of tint of red and then mist in black if you see the red when you spray it used to much , black to preference and angled shot to show rolls
Thank you Dennis

Looking good Erik!

@johnnyblues, as the old saying goes “I don’t have a dog in this hunt” but Erik has been posting quite a few pictures of ducks and geese on his Facebook page.....just saying....

Looking good!! Cant wait for the final product!!

Listen guys, I think Erik is doing a great job on my trophies, I don’t know how many taxidermists would spend the time and effort to create custom one of a kind pedestals as he has done. I did not ask him to build these from scratch, yes the idea for the buffalo pedestal was mine. I didn’t ask him to use solid African moghany. He went out of his way to WOW me. His communication has been outstanding and
his attitude for creating the best possible piece shows in all our conversations.

That being said if by some unlikely reason once they are in my house I don’t like something or feel he misrepresented something I will have no problem letting fellow members know about it. My initial thread was called ‘ a giant leap of faith “ for those they may not remember my decision to let him do this Safari. So far I’m happy with every aspect of this project. And I expect to be thrilled once there home.

Looking good Erik!

@johnnyblues, as the old saying goes “I don’t have a dog in this hunt” but Erik has been posting quite a few pictures of ducks and geese on his Facebook page.....just saying....
Yip, very happy with the birds. The one and only “bird man” Jim Myers comes in from time to time when I need to help with birds. I’ve been plugging away at Johnny’s stuff and Jim has been helping me by staying caught up with birds.

1EF4F1A4-1D1B-421C-8B14-DB90DAAA6065.jpeg
2D556ECB-AD81-4860-8F55-C8F397DB49D7.jpeg
09EEECBF-EDCD-41F7-B344-457D04B59C15.jpeg
317FDBCA-76BC-4924-A126-4C24AF5647AD.jpeg
442D92C8-F559-46FA-A405-EAF5362BC2C1.jpeg
BA92CEB4-7C88-4BBC-9246-2FF0D128528A.jpeg
ECD3391D-8D58-478A-AFA5-9018DD60FD52.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s getting very close. Still have quite a bit of work to do on him but there is light at the end of the tunnel!
91B5D6A0-D692-4F38-A8E0-0F8EC4A2D68C.jpeg
7916C7E4-FF0A-4732-91A2-69F557FCF1A1.jpeg
E1FCC9D5-4A73-4FD9-92AF-D288328F5F2F.jpeg

Listen guys, I think Erik is doing a great job on my trophies, I don’t know how many taxidermists would spend the time and effort to create custom one of a kind pedestals as he has done. I did not ask him to build these from scratch, yes the idea for the buffalo pedestal was mine. I didn’t ask him to use solid African moghany. He went out of his way to WOW me. His communication has been outstanding and
his attitude for creating the best possible piece shows in all our conversations.

That being said if by some unlikely reason once they are in my house I don’t like something or feel he misrepresented something I will have no problem letting fellow members know about it. My initial thread was called ‘ a giant leap of faith “ for those they may not remember my decision to let him do this Safari. So far I’m happy with every aspect of this project. And I expect to be thrilled once there home.
faith well spent!!!

Looking good Erik!

The mans a workaholic believe me. He obsessed and loves his work.

Oh man I cant wait to see it on the pedestal!! :A Popcorn:

Not sure I would want to see that...Not that there's anything wrong with little people...(y)

Anxiously and patiently waiting for the final product. I love seeing the pictures and the progress made on these mounts. (y)(y)

Anxiously and patiently waiting for the final product. I love seeing the pictures and the progress made on these mounts. (y)(y)
Is kinda fun...

I’m waiting for video of midget stripper popping out of pedistal
Cheers
Jacques, now that is just down right perverted!
But who am I to argue with an artists vision. A full size stripper would be difficult to get into that box I recon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.