Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
I own a house down in South Texas on Baffin Bay about an hour from Corpus Christi. My daugher Jordan was at the house this weekend and went outside at midday, around 2:30 and saw something walking along the bayside of our property that looked like a cat so she started to video with her phone. She sent it to me and I was absolutely shocked to see a live Jaguarundi on video. These diminutive little cats were believed to be extinct in Texas back in the 80’s but after a bit of research it seems they are making a comeback in Texas.

Follow this link to learn more about these cats;

https://www.lamar.edu/arts-sciences/biology/jungle-critters/jungle-critters-2/jaguarundi.html

Here is a photo from the video
B9B2538D-9D83-4961-8A9F-A27040DD2F8B.jpeg

Here is the track down on the beach, note the snuff can for reference - thats a big foot.

39155D21-A9BA-42A5-A4E0-9F70E41C97AB.jpeg

What a great encounter! I don't believe I have ever heard of this species, very interesting. Feel free to upload the video in the Video & Photo gallery at https://www.africahunting.com/media/.

She texted the movie to me and I cant get it to uploaded. It is a .MOV, can anyone tell me how to do it?

Coming to you now, Thanks Jerome

Wow what a cool encounter. Congratulate your daughter on capturing it.

That’s cool!

Here is the video:

Very good ..I had heard of them but never saw one ...Roughly what weight ?

Very cool!

That is so cool! Thank you for sharing.

Very cool!

Very good ..I had heard of them but never saw one ...Roughly what weight ?
By Jordan’s description, this seemed a fairly large specimen, estimated at 25 pounds plus.

Reactions: ack
I hope there will be lots of offspring. They are another of the amazing wild cat species!
Thanks for sharing!

Nice to know another animal is making a come back!

That is very cool if it proves to be a jaguarundi, would love to see one in the wild.

It looks like a young skinny Cougar. Interesting sighting. (y)

great find.ill trade 100 of those found for 1000 antis,gone!!

Thank you for sharing that! I never even knew such a cat existed until I saw this post. Great stuff and thx again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg