Info on caracal hunting

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you

Good day, Sir! PM sent!

My daughter and me are planning our second safari, She wants a caracal. I am curious as to how they are hunted, And can they be imported into the US ? I am thinking a night hunt ?
Thank you
Good day sir,
The only way to be serious about hunting a Caracal with very good odds is over hounds. We have a full time hound pack that operates in our area. Please let me know if we can assist in any way. Feel free to send me a Personal Mail here on the forum, or please send me an email at info@huntsafaris.co.za

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

20230413_083926.jpg

IMG20230428080941.jpg

IMG20230705095001.jpg

IMG20230419074137.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-150101_WhatsApp.jpg

Thank you
Good day sir,

We hunt caracal with well trained packs of hounds. This is the best way to hunt them, yet not always successful. We had a client that was extremely lucky and shot 3 caracal in one day. Two were hunted with two separate hound packs, hunting on different properties to help increase the success of possibly hunting one. The third we spotted, by chance, at night time. Caracal can be imported into the US. Please contact us via a Personal Message on the forum or email us on ljsafaris@gmail.com. We like to chat to you further and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Juan Stander
LJ Hunting Safaris
Eastern Cape, South Africa
20190406_111029.jpg

IMG_20190406_090823.jpg

IMG_20190406_091315.jpg

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG-20190711-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190708-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190711-WA0009.jpg

Thank you
Hounds is the most successful way. Importation isn’t an issue. I’d suggest reaching out to Jeff Ford with Lynx Safaris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarriDadso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.