SOUTH AFRICA: Plain Game With LJ SAFARIS In South Africa

michal

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have just returned from my very first hunting trip to South Africa. I booked a plain game with @LJ SAFARIS in Eastern Cape. I have been hunting in two areas - Karoo and Makana, while using several game reserves. I succeded to hunt 9 animals in 7 days. Black Wildebeest, Mountain Reedbuck, Waterbuck, Nyala, Impala, Cape Bushbuck, Steinbuck, Sable and Warhog. First three days, we spent in a wonderfull mountain landscape Karoo hunting Black Wildebeest, Mountain Reedbuck and Waterbuck. The rest of the trip and of course remaining animals we hunted in the several location in Makhanda/Grahamstown vicinity.

All the staff were first class, Juan and Lauren (the owners of the LJ Safaris) are one the best professionals I have ever met.
I met in person Juan at the Port Elisabeth Airport and was accompanied by him all the time untill my departure from Port Elisabeth. I must admit that the time spent with Juan was one of the best hunting trips in my entire life (and I did quite some hunting).

The lodge and food were the best quality in both areas.
Rifle I used was rented from Juan and it was in a perfect condition.
Flights from and to continental Europe to/from Johanesburg with Lufthansa and Swissair were on time without any issues. For entering of SAR you still need covid test or vaccination certificate.

IMG_20220619_140418_231.jpg
IMG_20220704_144313_164.jpg
IMG_20220710_112543_265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a wonderful Safari!

Lauren and Juan do a great job. I am very glad you had a great hunt with them as well!

Congrats on a great hunt !

nicely done congrats

Sounds like a wonderful experience for you!

Sounds like you had a great hunt. Congrats
Bruce

Congratulations on a successful FIRST safari. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on a successful hunt on your chosen animal species. Sounds like a great trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdwinaHedr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you