Berettaco

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa
Good evening all,
I am going back to Limpopo SA in March of 2022 and hoping to bring a rifle for my guide. We have a deal worked out on the rifle and ideally I would just fly over and leave it with him. Sounds easy enough but I know it never is. Does anyone have experience with this? I want to make sure he has all the required paperwork and permits so I don’t end up in a bind.
also, I would like to take my two rifles and his would be a third - is this a problem?
I greatly appreciate any advice,
Thank you

Permanent importation is totally different than temporary importation.
You will not be flying over and just leaving a gun with him.
Hunters use temporary import documents.
I would ask your guide to determine the current procedures for permanent importation.

You will also need to determine the permanent export requirements from your own country.

Thank you Brickburn, I have been researching this online and found the required forms from the US standpoint. I will check to see what I can find for South Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need a U.S. exporter and South African importer. Will be much less headache for you to just give cash money to the PH and let him buy it in S.A. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg