Ice fishing escape

I was out with my 2 sons and a friend on New Years day ice fishing. Annual tradition for 30 or so years.. We landed about 30 fish. Kept enough perch for a meal. 3 were walleye but were under 12 inches so back in they went. Looks like fun.
Bruce
 
20200104_115113.jpg
..well not a keeper but fun none the less. Bad selfie, sorry.
 
That’s it. I’m going out tomorrow for sure!
 
You do the bungalow on Nippising?
almost lived on the ice on Simcoe on my days off when i lived up that way, good fun
 
You do the bungalow on Nippising?
almost lived on the ice on Simcoe on my days off when i lived up that way, good fun
Yes, it was a little shack with bunks and a cooking area. It was very good .
 
20200105_084457.jpg


Leaving - it is all frozen, not wet as the picture seems to show. All the holes froze over with a thick cap last night.

20200105_084453.jpg


Happy to advise all vehicles made it off without the need for assistance!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Used to fish the West arm of Nippising years ago, looks like fun and makes me miss fishing the hard water
 
It's been several years since we've had a freeze long enough to make the ice walkable, but we used to do a lot of snaring on the local creeks.
 
Pheroze Valens is having a ice fishing tournament on Feb 15 ...we'll be out ..... weather permitting . Let me know if your interested and we'll make room for you .
Glen
 
Pheroze Valens is having a ice fishing tournament on Feb 15 ...we'll be out ..... weather permitting . Let me know if your interested and we'll make room for you .
Glen
What a great offer, and just down the street! Unfortunately, I will be visiting my folks down south at that time. But, I really appreciate the offer!
 
See you at the Sportsman Show in March then !
Glen
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top