Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
20200103_172417.jpg

Escaped from work a wee bit early today, drove 4.5 hours north to stay in a small cabin to fish through small holes with a bunch of drunken miscreants....sounds about perfect! A weekend away for a little fishing is always a welcome experience!

We are staying in cabins set up on a frozen lake. The floor has several trap doors to expose the holes in the ice. It's warm. The company is good, and the fish have put in a limited showing. Hopefully tomorrow brings the big 'uns!

All I can say is I hope its really freaking cold there or that truck is going to go submarine!:eek: Somebody has oversized cajones!:rolleyes:o_O

It's ok, I brought a bathing suit and snorkel

-5 C right now with a good depth of ice. I was actually nervous, but have been assured by the more experienced here. So, more like blind faith than daring lol

Ice fishing can be a lot of fun. Are you guys using tip-ups or spears?

Are you after lakers or walleye?

Walleye

Hope they were biting!

Hope they were biting!
4 so far but a bit small. None mine, I have done a good job of liberating these beleaguered minnows. :rolleyes: We shall see how tomorrow goes.

Great way to spend a weekend...I love ice fishing! I've only been out once so far this fall but brought home some eater size perch and a nice walleye. I hoped to go out tomorrow but the wind is supposed to be blowing 60 km/hr. Not good for my fishing tent! Hope you have tight lines and post some more pics!

-5 C right now with a good depth of ice. I was actually nervous, but have been assured by the more experienced here. So, more like blind faith than daring lol
You just need enough ice, of the right kind.
This winter has been too mild here, so far, to consider even walking on the ice.

IMHO the larger ones are more fun to catch, but the smaller ones are better eating.

Good luck. I hope that ice is thick and the currents are calm.

A friend sent me these pictures the other day.
The classic examples of Thin ice, springs, currents and warm temps.
FB_IMG_1575855293427.jpg
FB_IMG_1575858760922.jpg

Stay on top of the ice my friend.

Enjoy your time on the ice.
Chinooks are great, but there are some draw backs.

1 up, about 50 to go :LOL:
20200104_094122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love spending time on the ice, and good eating too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you