Ice fishing escape

I was out with my 2 sons and a friend on New Years day ice fishing. Annual tradition for 30 or so years.. We landed about 30 fish. Kept enough perch for a meal. 3 were walleye but were under 12 inches so back in they went. Looks like fun.
Bruce

20200104_115113.jpg
..well not a keeper but fun none the less. Bad selfie, sorry.

That’s it. I’m going out tomorrow for sure!

You do the bungalow on Nippising?
almost lived on the ice on Simcoe on my days off when i lived up that way, good fun

You do the bungalow on Nippising?
almost lived on the ice on Simcoe on my days off when i lived up that way, good fun
Yes, it was a little shack with bunks and a cooking area. It was very good .

20200105_084457.jpg

Leaving - it is all frozen, not wet as the picture seems to show. All the holes froze over with a thick cap last night.

20200105_084453.jpg

Happy to advise all vehicles made it off without the need for assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to fish the West arm of Nippising years ago, looks like fun and makes me miss fishing the hard water

It's been several years since we've had a freeze long enough to make the ice walkable, but we used to do a lot of snaring on the local creeks.

Pheroze Valens is having a ice fishing tournament on Feb 15 ...we'll be out ..... weather permitting . Let me know if your interested and we'll make room for you .
Glen

Pheroze Valens is having a ice fishing tournament on Feb 15 ...we'll be out ..... weather permitting . Let me know if your interested and we'll make room for you .
Glen
What a great offer, and just down the street! Unfortunately, I will be visiting my folks down south at that time. But, I really appreciate the offer!

See you at the Sportsman Show in March then !
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg