I have a sickness...

In regards to two rifles in the same caliber, just make one your rain rifle and the other will be your sunny day rifle. Works for me.

what about snow days? I think you have to have one for that too....

:D

In regards to two rifles in the same caliber, just make one your rain rifle and the other will be your sunny day rifle. Works for me.
I really was thinking about a 2nd “workhorse”
.375 in stainless and w synthetic stock for Alaska and Canada to keep my Super Expense only for Africa

So this makes total sense to me

The new 416 is laminated stock and teflon coated so it is heading in the right direction.

Now if I could just find some 350 gr SAF bullets for the 416. I got plenty of 400 grain TBBCs for Buffalo but want some lighter bullets for Moose and Bear in Alaska/Canada

Last edited:
I mean you should probably have one in cerakote with a laminate stock, one in stainless with a rubber stock, and one in traditional bluing with a wood stock.
Yea…you guys have not cured my sickness.
You all have made me realize I need a 3rd gun in Rem 416 and another gun safe!!!

@TERMINATOR we try to be able to assist on those hard decisions. Once you have the 3rd r416 REM. You might want to consider a 416 Rigby-ruger-taylor just so you have a solid ability to evaluate each round against each other and provide solid guidance for the new guys looking to get into the 416 class of rifles:A Stirring::A Stirring:

@TERMINATOR we try to be able to assist on those hard decisions. Once you have the 3rd r416 REM. You might want to consider a 416 Rigby-ruger-taylor just so you have a solid ability to evaluate each round against each other and provide solid guidance for the new guys looking to get into the 416 class of rifles:A Stirring::A Stirring:
Take one (or 3 more) for the team eh?

This .416 Rem Mag followed me home today. I already have a Win 70 Safari Express .416 but I just couldn’t leave this gun sitting unloved like an abandoned puppy. It was whining for me to take it home and kill a Cape Buffalo with it.

The gun had a custom laminated stock with Pachmayr Decelerator pad added, fiber optic front sight, QD bases and the barrel/action teflon coated. The person that owns it swears it’s never been fired, that he bought it and put it in his safe after having it customized, waiting for a Cape Buffalo hunt that never happened. When I look at the bolt face and action and barrel, I can see zero evidence that it ever has been fired...all look pristine. But maybe...maybe not.

But even if it has been shot, it can’t be very many shots as it is near mint condition other than one small dent on the right side if the stock and a few small scratches on the left. For the price I paid, I could live with it as a near mint condition used gun, even if it has been fired.

I had zero need for this gun because I already had a 416 Rem Mag but I just couldn’t not buy it because I am a sick individual.

Now, I’m trying to figure out if I should sell the Win 70 or just keep them both even though it makes no sense to have two 416s :)

Good problem to have.

View attachment 519458View attachment 519459View attachment 519460View attachment 519461
View attachment 519462View attachment 519463View attachment 519464
Healthy hobby i.e., it takes you outdoors and gives you some exercise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross