I had to say goodbye to my Aya No. 2 SxS...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I was at Pacific Sporting Arms for adjustment of the stock of an O/u I had recently purchased and saw the pair of shotguns pictured below, a numbered pair of Grulla 210s. So sleek, so beautiful and lovingly cared for. Fit almost perfectly, though stock will have to be adjusted for a lefty cast. First time I justified a purchase on a want rather than a “need”. They made me a good offer and took the Aya as a trade for what I paid for it. Here is the pic: I get to shoot them after the CA 10+ day wait.

eheC7wil.jpg

Attachments

• eheC7wil.jpg
    eheC7wil.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 152
Magnificent! (y) I warn you. Fine shotguns are as addictive as fine rifles - maybe more so. They are, if nothing else, much more elegant. Now you need to book a driven grouse hunt in the UK or Spain where you and your loader or "secretario" can really put a matched pair to good use.

And yes, someone competent can easily bend those stocks to provide the correct cast for a lefty.

Pacific has a wonderful inventory of fine guns, you got a dream pair. Very beautiful.

Back in the day California had some very good dove habitat and flocks. They would give my OU 20 a real workout- but that was 40 years ago and I could use lead shot. I suspect the habitat has turned into a subdivision and the birds stay in Mexico. Much the pity, but regardless, that matched pair are really beautiful.

... Now you need to book a driven grouse hunt in the UK or Spain where you and your loader or "secretario" can really put a matched pair to good use....

Yeah, I have been looking into this outfit (http://www.delaneyandsons.com/) for that. Other suggestions are welcome.

I have looked at their FAQ regarding import of firearms into UK, seems pretty straight forward as they take care of it once one provides all the required documentation. Interesting that one of the documents they are asking for is a US hunting license.

You could do worse than talk to Kiri at Athinasporting.com. He’s based in the U.K. He has a lot of experience in this area.

@Red Leg "Magnificent! (y) I warn you. Fine shotguns are as addictive as fine rifles - maybe more so. They are, if nothing else, much more elegant" No truer words have ever been spoken. a fine shotgun feels like a magic wand in a hunters hands.

Another is Bob Kern of the Hunting Consortium https://huntingconsortium.com/ He could put together a first class driven bird shoot in either Spain or the UK. I have also hunted several times with Great Spanish Hunts http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/ for Ibex and Boar, but they also put on classic driven grouse hunts in Spain.

Another is Bob Kern of the Hunting Consortium https://huntingconsortium.com/ He could put together a first class driven bird shoot in either Spain or the UK. ...

Talked to him a few weeks ago, unless I put a group together he did not seem to be interested.

Today I booked with Delaney and Sons for October 13 - 19, 2021. Very similar to this on their web site except it has an extra day in the middle for sight seeing (4 shooting days @250 birds per day).

My girlfriend and I will spend some days in London prior to the shoot including visits to Purdey and H&H.

I thought about grouse, but the timing would have been first week in September less than a week after I return from Zimbabwe. The timing of this made more sense.

That is going to be an awesome trip! Oh I’m envious! You be sure to give us a report on that...please!

Gorgeous guns. Congratulations!

I decided to take this pair to SD for a pheasant hunt there and will be leaving on the 21st. I am amazed by one thing.

I started practicing at Sporting Clays with these guns a couple of weeks ago and have had 4 sessions so far each between 150 - 200 shells.

I was a bit apprehensive at the start as these rifles are bare, no recoil pad and they are just a tad over 6.5 pounds each. I thought I would feel the recoil rather heavily, if nothing I thought I would feel a dull ache after the session. This being CA I was wearing just a T-shirt with a shooting vest (not padded with a jell or anything).

None, nada. It is as if these guns have no recoil, they just must fit perfectly (I had them change the cast to cast-off as a lefty). I am very pleasantly surprised.

Tanks, I’m a bit of a wimp! I had a buffalo skin covered recoil pad put on my #2. JMO, but it still looks nice.
Best of luck on that S.D. pheasant hunt!

Wow! well done. You'll be a happy shooter!

2 beautiful guns Tanks!

If I may ask, do those two guns have raised ribs or sunken ribs?

Just me personally, I love the looks and sighting plane of a nice double barreled shotgun with a sunken rib, but "to me" a raised rib is a big turn off and looks so outta place.

Round Ball

Yeah, I have been looking into this outfit (http://www.delaneyandsons.com/) for that. Other suggestions are welcome.

I have looked at their FAQ regarding import of firearms into UK, seems pretty straight forward as they take care of it once one provides all the required documentation. Interesting that one of the documents they are asking for is a US hunting license.
Asking for evidence of a US hunting licence is simply documentary evidence that you are not a prohibited person from hunting.
The same would be required here in Ireland.

A lovely pair indeed Tanks... and by all means visit Purdey in London...always an event (for me at least..).
Best shotguns are very addictive....I play a little with a vintage Purdey....though I admittedly struggle to shoot it well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!