Left me see if have this straight, you are going to eat at Pappadeaux (a chain restaurant, that are everywhere), when you could be eating a steak at III Forks in Terminal D! Have a safe and successful trip.

Good luck Phillip. I'm headed to Zimbabwe in 6 weeks for Mr Spots. Live in Amarillo. We need to get a Panhandle African Hunting group get together at some point and swap stories. Seems like there are quiet a few members in our neck of the woods.

I can't wait to get home now! And try to forget those yellow eyes staring me down!
I can't wait to hug my wife and kids and put this chapter behind me.
Regards,
Philip

Good luck Phillip. I'm headed to Zimbabwe in 6 weeks for Mr Spots. Live in Amarillo. We need to get a Panhandle African Hunting group get together at some point and swap stories. Seems like there are quiet a few members in our neck of the woods.
For sure. Best of luck with the cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Left me see if have this straight, you are going to eat at Pappadeaux (a chain restaurant, that are everywhere), when you could be eating a steak at III Forks in Terminal D! Have a safe and successful trip.
I raise Prime Angus cattle at my ranch so steaks are great but I have better at home! Delta and American have no baggage handling agreement, I had to recheck in DFW taking 1.5 hours. No Pappadeaux for me
Maybe on the way home.
Philip

Go for it and straight shooting!!

@Philip Glass ,

Did you take any other game while there?
1 impala for bait and one jackal. I called off the hunt after the leopard even though I had three days and they offered to get me another PH.

Reactions: BWH
1 impala for bait and one jackal. I called off the hunt after the leopard even though I had three days and they offered to get me another PH.

I don't blame you, the only thing I would want is a drink. Hope you have a safe an uneventful trip home.

I am hoping to laugh at some point. Maybe when I get home safe and sound, maybe....

From what I read you handled yourself incredibly well. I hope when you get a chance to regroup it will sink in that you rose to the challenge: that person who swung his gun, and finished that cat, was you. You did that because that's what you do in situations like that. And, no one can say otherwise.

All the best.

From what I read you handled yourself incredibly well. I hope when you get a chance to regroup it will sink in that you rose to the challenge: that person who swung his gun, and finished that cat, was you. You did that because that's what you do in situations like that. And, no one can say otherwise.

All the best.
Pheroze
Thanks for the kind words. Although I could have easily been killed I am proud I didn't leave my PH's side during this nightmare.
Thanks again,
Philip

Phil, put your mind at rest. Both you and your PH did what needed to be done without any hesitation. Your words " I could have easily been killed" have been said by countless Dangerous Game hunters in the past and will continue to be said in the future. That is why some animals are classified as Dangerous Game. The best way to put this behind you is to start planning your next hunt.

Have fun.

Best of luck, straight shooting.
We are waiting for the report...

I ran across this old post of mine and how fitting. I am off once again to the Zambezi Valley to hunt the Omay and I can’t wait!

I can't wait, its one week to go.
I can't wait to pack it up and get gone!

I can't wait to shoot my .375 a final time,
I can't wait to count and weigh my ammo, again...
I can't wait to make that final decision on what I really NEED to take,
I can't wait to pack my bags checking my list at least ten times!

I can't wait to sit waiting in many airports, (Pappadeaux cajun for lunch Terminal A DFW for sure!)
I can't wait to have some quiet time alone (I'm never alone Jesus is always with me- thank goodness all the trouble I get myself into!)
I can't wait to pace that airplane aisle,
I can't wait to see what movies are on DL 200 (Bose noise cancelling headphones- Check!)

I can't wait to see what my PH and staff are like,
I can't wait for the misery of early AM wakeup call,
I can't wait to smell the air and see the trees,
I can't wait to see the first animal in Zim.

I can't wait for that nervous energy that hits my trigger finger on the first shot in Africa,
I can't wait for that first thing the PH thinks I did right! (Hope there is one..)
I can't wait to get that first animal down and in the salt,
I can't wait to sit around the campfire telling the story at least 3 times, adult beverage in hand!

I can't wait Zimbabwe here I come!

Philip Glass

full
Phillip how many boxes of ammunition are you taking please and in what configuration, caliber, softs, solids?
Thanks!

I can't wait, its one week to go.
I can't wait to pack it up and get gone!

I can't wait to shoot my .375 a final time,
I can't wait to count and weigh my ammo, again...
I can't wait to make that final decision on what I really NEED to take,
I can't wait to pack my bags checking my list at least ten times!

I can't wait to sit waiting in many airports, (Pappadeaux cajun for lunch Terminal A DFW for sure!)
I can't wait to have some quiet time alone (I'm never alone Jesus is always with me- thank goodness all the trouble I get myself into!)
I can't wait to pace that airplane aisle,
I can't wait to see what movies are on DL 200 (Bose noise cancelling headphones- Check!)

I can't wait to see what my PH and staff are like,
I can't wait for the misery of early AM wakeup call,
I can't wait to smell the air and see the trees,
I can't wait to see the first animal in Zim.

I can't wait for that nervous energy that hits my trigger finger on the first shot in Africa,
I can't wait for that first thing the PH thinks I did right! (Hope there is one..)
I can't wait to get that first animal down and in the salt,
I can't wait to sit around the campfire telling the story at least 3 times, adult beverage in hand!

I can't wait Zimbabwe here I come!

Philip Glass

full
Given I am going with you on the same trip in August of 23 it’s like you’re our “scout”. Good luck and can’t wait for stories and pictures!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeraMadira

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.