I blame all of you...

The point of a set trigger IS to be very light guys. I don't care for them either but that's the reason for them. The set trigger on the CZ is adjustable as well.

I have not had time to play with my trigger yet, but I'm going to have a look at it and see if I can adjust the set trigger too. For me off sticks the set trigger was impossibly too light...scary light:eek::oops:o_O

Wayne, BTW. Don't fall for this nonsense about the CZ trigger being no good. It is an easily owner adjustable:D trigger that does not need to be replaced with anything! Sort of a pet peeve:mad: of mine, when I see guys complain about the trigger as somehow un-usable.

Completely agree! Mine had some creep and needed to be adjusted, but once done it is a really good trigger.

This single set trigger idea seems interesting. Should stop any flinch someone could develop.

I've tried to use the set trigger and while I certainly don't know when it will go off I actually seem to shoot worse with it. I think I start before I really ready? Dunno....

Loaded 25 up today.
Measured coal, resized, reamed flash hole, polished, etc.
H4895 in 69 - 69.5 - 70 - 71 - 72 grains in five shells of each.

We'll see how they work.

Loaded 25 up today.
Measured coal, resized, reamed flash hole, polished, etc.
H4895 in 69 - 69.5 - 70 - 71 - 72 grains in five shells of each.

We'll see how they work.

250gr TTSX's?

250gr TTSX's?

Yup. 250 TTSX.
The Barnes suggested extrapolation puts the grains between the range of 66.75 & 74.75.
I'll investigate the middle of the road first. :)
I thought I'd stay under the 72.8 used for the North Fork to start.

Yup. 250 TTSX.
The Barnes suggested extrapolation puts the grains between the range of 66.75 & 74.75.
I'll investigate the middle of the road first. :)
I thought I'd stay under the 72.8 used for the North Fork to start.

You should be good starting at 69gr. If you ever investigate the North Forks, they usually for me match up well with the most accurate loads for the TTSX/TSX in the same weight.

I had my set trigger replaced by AHR with a single stage match trigger. I like it a lot, they also put on an M70 style 3 position safety for me.

Finally got out and shot.

I did not use the set trigger. Just wanted to shoot the gun this time out.

Conclusions:
If I want to see about real accuracy I need to put a scope on this baby.
I am sure I can get SUB MOA with a scope with little trouble. I'll see in the near future.

The front sight covered a five inch circle at Fifty yards.
The front bead covers every bullet, except one.
This was all at 5600 feet elevation.
Right around Zero C.
250TTSX with H4895 Powder.
I did not take a lot of time to shoot these strings. So, there are some flyers.
The 71.0 and 72.0 were shot very quickly. Under three seconds per round. Which shows.
I tend to shoot off to the left.
Groups were not too bad.

Friend said "It does not kick as much as my .300WM" (shooting 150 grain bullets. )

All in all, a happy purchase. :)

69.0 Grains
690_zps50389844.jpg

695_zpscac54d58.jpg

70_zps214084d7.jpg

71_zps61bfd67e.jpg

72_zps2edf4cde.jpg

These are the sticks you carry around in the Boreal Forest. It was a bundle up day for sure.

BorealSticks_zps5e733e61.jpg

The Penetration Test:

24 inches of solid kiln dried treated wood. I think the rocks were softer.
twofeet_zps79a45690.jpg

Thirteen inches into the wood. Through three and into the fourth. 375H&H 250 TTSX 72.0 Grns H4895
12inches_zpsb8ef6063.jpg

After 13 inches of wood. 375 H&H
250TTSXafter12_zpscdcf68d3.jpg

The 300 Grain 45-70 made it through nine inches of wood.
45709inches_zps59a42ac5.jpg

The end shots and the results.
endcut_zps4cd57434.jpg

collection_zps58566f44.jpg

The top three bullets - left to right.
the first two are 150 grn 300WM. Not much left. A little bit of jacket and lead.
(The 150 gr. 300WM penetrated as far at the 45-70.)
The 45-70 bullet. About half the bullet left.
The bottom row are the 250 Grn TTSX. 97% + weight retention.

Last edited:
like the shooting sticks!!!! ;) and you make that rifle look like its a .22lr :D

That's what my buddy said when he saw that. I had to laugh.

From the looks of the paper you have kill shots on all the loads!
good thing we are not eating blocks of wood - the meat looks bloodshot!

I'd have to agree. They are all in the right place. For now I have to sneak in close until I can get it dialled in with a scope for the long range Blue Duiker shots.

That end on one sure showed what a mess these can make. Splinters everywhere and no bullets exited the sides.
I think there would be some messy meat if you hit it in the wrong place.

nothing wrong with them groups bricko, open sights and all
spikeys right,that canon looks like a pea riffle hanging off the front of you .

Nice work Wayne. Any pressure signs at 72gr? I'll bet you're easily over the 2800 fps mark.

Does your local sasquatch know you're the one who stole his boots? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero pressure signs on any of the primers or cases.
All cases slide out of the chamber without any resistance.

Camera perspective is everything. Remember that...

Nice groups Wayne, mine were not quite that tight with factory loads. Once i added the scope the accuracy was greatly approved ... although i think it might have something to do with age and eyesight.

Still steady enough to keep decent groups.
Being able to see at longer distances will certainly help. Funny how magnification shows how much you really move.

Now that i have mounted a scope and got it dialed in, i look forward to trying it out some cull whitetail. Perhaps i will have to admit defeat though and try to get use to the dreaded bifocals the optometrist seems to think that i need.

I'm not about to change it out. So far, you squeeze it and the pin seems to go forward.
Seems crisp and smooth enough to me.
I saw all those adjustment screws in the instruction manual.
At least the trigger is not set at 14 Lbs. like my brothers Ruger was. :rolleyes:

This single set trigger idea seems interesting. Should stop any flinch someone could develop.

I may figure out how to polish the action up a bit. Just so it's a little smoother.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I wasn't sure how I would like the set trigger when I got my CZ. I actually like it a lot and have used the feature twice on long shots where I had a solid rest.

Enjoy playing with your new toy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg