I blame all of you...

The trip was made to the range today.

F-1 Chrony 10 feet out front of the muzzle.
3750 Feet ASL
18C

250 TTSX
71.6 Grain load

2862, 2865, 2871, 2860, 2863

Average: 2864.2 FPS

Probably dropped 300 or 400 FPS in that first ten feet from the muzzle! :whistle:
Thanks for taking the time to chrono the load and to post your findings! Very helpful.

I'm guessing your being facetious about the muzzle velocity loss 10ft from the muzzle. It should only be about 10-15fps a that distance.
Decent load you have there. If shooting at distance drop should be approx 8" at 300yds with a 2" high hold at 100yds (according to RCBS.Load ballistics program).
Never used Barnes TTSX bullets myself. Only Barnes I ever shot out of my 375 H&H was 350gr RN. They shot decent....just kinda "jiggled the fillings" pretty good (when I first got my .375 I don't believe Barnes had invented the TTSX at that point.)

Yeah, just joking on the FPS for sure.
Not too worried about "loss".
I'll work up a ballistics chart at some point here just in case I want to shoot something far away.
Thanks for the rcbs info.

Trap and Skeet bluey. So, clay, not paper.
I wear hearing protection so I am ok on the hearing side.
Still, I have to think about which trigger on which gun I am pulling or squeezing.

Im picking up a couple cheap skeet throwers in a few days. My shotgunning has been rejuvenated with my new purchase. :) I even picked up some bismuth shot and a new MEC loader.

I'm happy you like the set trigger, I could never get use to it, I must be wired to a hard trigger.

I have taken on a new training partner that will allow the "felt" recoil from the 375 to be much reduced.

Enter the .416 Rigby. As @spike.t notes it provides "a bit of a boot". :)

I have taken on a new training partner that will allow the "felt" recoil from the 375 to be much reduced.

I got me a training partner at the range too Wayne! Cept I don't think she actually feels recoil.... @matt85 will approve.

She shoots up any extra ammunition I have for my Lott. And she hits the bullseye, every time.

To give you an idea of her size, she wears her earmuffs on her waist when the range is cold.

That video is telling about recoil.

That's not a full house Lott load though is it? Its downloaded. I have never fired a Lott but have fired a full house .458 Win and it kicked me harder than that Lott did there.

I found that the 458 Lott I had and the 416 Rigby I have kick harder than my 404J or 450 Rigby. The Lott was just nasty and it was a BRNO ZKK 602 which had a bit of weight to it!

Have we entered the "big boys club" now? Don't remember you mentioning any over 40 cal before.

Pictures?

Starting to use real guns now!

That's not a full house Lott load though is it? Its downloaded. I have never fired a Lott but have fired a full house .458 Win and it kicked me harder than that Lott did there.

Full load - 500 grain North Fork over 78 grains of H4895. Now max load is 80 grains, but that is my full load for that rifle and its running at 2250. That rifle is light too.... it's under 9 lbs without the scope. My .375 weighs more than that.

And trust me, that rifle kicks. I bought it to carry after an elephant and buffalo and not to shoot high volume.

I found that the 458 Lott I had and the 416 Rigby I have kick harder than my 404J or 450 Rigby. The Lott was just nasty and it was a BRNO ZKK 602 which had a bit of weight to it!

I have never fired a 404J, but my recollection of that .450 Rigby's recoil is somewhat more stout than the 416 Rigby. It's all perception and memory.
I'd need a side by side comparison to really pull it off.
Lord knows what was loaded in the 450 Rigby either.

Full load - 500 grain North Fork over 78 grains of H4895. Now max load is 80 grains, but that is my full load for that rifle and its running at 2250. That rifle is light too.... it's under 9 lbs without the scope. My .375 weighs more than that.

And trust me, that rifle kicks. I bought it to carry after an elephant and buffalo and not to shoot high volume.
Is it ported? Very little muzzle rise especially considering the slight shooter and the hold.

If your nose doesn't bleed after five rounds it's not a big bore (just kidding, that would be a bad concussion!). Congrats on your rifle. The nice thing is that after shooting your 458 your 375 will feel like a 270.

:)

If your nose doesn't bleed after five rounds it's not a big bore (just kidding, that would be a bad concussion!). Congrats on your rifle. The nice thing is that after shooting your 458 your 375 will feel like a 270.

:)

No you aren't. I remember the pictures you posted of your shoulder. :eek:

I just limit shots and alternate with my .22. That girl really does enjoy shooting that rifle more than I do!

The plan is to get someone down here with a 505 Gibbs for her to try. :cautious:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg