Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
That critter has eluded me so many times! Still on my list if I ever go back. That looks pretty cool.

Sarg

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
Thank you @Cam Moon, never thought of the US Antelope (known as Demon Antlope lol) & the Prongs are called "Cutters" on them Eh ?

I have always liked them to, very cool looking Unique animal !

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I think they are too. And a fun, challenging hunt too. We often just call them antelope here, but Pronghorn is proper. Apparently they aren't even a type of antelope! LOL

Sarg

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
LoL really, funny I won $50 off a American hunter of mine many years back when I told him the American Antelope - Pronghorn - shed their horns, he said no way, what would I know & bet me they did not !

Well he checked it out & sent the money, I said not to worry but he was adamant !

Interesting to learn the Prong points are called Cutters .

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
They have an outer sheath that grows over the actual bone. The sheath is regrown every year, but the bone itself isn't shed. This is unlike a deer, elk, etc with antlers which are made of bone, but are actually shed every year and then regrown.
We've got amazing animals all over the world, and it's interesting to see the differences.
But back on topic, I would say that from all the comments about this shoulder mounted hyena, that it's something that more than a few of us might consider doing, even if we had dismissed it before. I keep going back and looking at it, and I think that being in the company of all the other shoulder mounts really helps with it's appeal as well.
It just plain FITS! :A Thumbs Up:

Last edited:

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
It looks great but I too really like the caracal!

Can you post more pictures of that?

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
I like it, and like your wall as well. Like other have said, more pictures please.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
I am planning on a hyena hunt in october, so I will add this to my options for the mount. I have been looking at the many possible mount options. I like the way yours is done.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
On my bucket list! Very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ervinsek

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?