npm352

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Got my hyena back today. Had him do some custom work to get the snarl and jaw set I was going for.

From Randy Gilmore in St. Louis, MO.
IMG_20210316_171912098_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_171605689_HDR.jpg

Sarg

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
Absolutely fantastic !

Great to see a Spotted (or any) Hyena shoulder mount & that looks like a very nice job to .

I want the whole set of them but don't have the heart to cut my skins in half like that !

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Looks good, thanks for sharing!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Very interesting. Had never seen a Hyena shoulder mount. Works well with the others.

npm352

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Thanks guys. When I finished the hunt in Zim, I was short on funds and just had the hide tanned. I ended up trading some capes of other game towards the work four years after. I wasn't sure how it would turn out because shoulder mounts on carnivores aren't too common. We went back and forth on the ears and mouth. The ears aren't commonly like that, but I found a pic of a hyena fighting a wild dog pack and asked him to match that. Anyway, thanks guys. I was happy with it. I have always been attracted to the weird and obscure.

Trophyhunter01

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Canada BC, US- WY, CO and TX, Limpopo SA
Nice! I like that.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Very cool

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Turned out really well! As you said, not overly common, but I would imagine considerably less pricy than a full body mount. (And takes up much less room) I actually think it fits very well with your other mounts. I'm impressed!

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
That’s a little off the wall. :Bored:

Just kidding and sorry for the bad pun. ;)

I like that. I really do. It’s unique and it fits in very well with your wall full of great memories. Well done! (y)(y)

Fabnosh

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United Kingdom, Spain, Norway, South Africa, Namibia
That's a really good mount. Must admit I was rather taken by the caracal in the background as well - nice to see an elegant mount and not all snarly and angry. You've used some good taxidermists.

FN

curtism1234

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Oh man. I gave up on the idea of hyena bc the full body mount did not seem like a good value. I'm going to have to consider this!

Thanks for sharing

Muskox

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
Looks nice!

I am a huge fan of shoulder mounts over lifesize. My father has a life size antelope that they bought at a yard sale. Guy was going through a divorce and my dad paid about $300 for it.

It is a huge one, something like 16 with big cutters. They have a huge house, but it is a big pain in the ass. I can't see doing a lifesize on a bigger animal ever.

Unless I was building a museum.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Very good expression, congrats !

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
any frontal pics ?

Sarg

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
Looks nice!

I am a huge fan of shoulder mounts over lifesize. My father has a life size antelope that they bought at a yard sale. Guy was going through a divorce and my dad paid about $300 for it.

It is a huge one, something like 16 with big cutters. They have a huge house, but it is a big pain in the ass. I can't see doing a lifesize on a bigger animal ever.

Unless I was building a museum.

Yes I think you need to be very rich to have a lot of Full body mounts for many reasons, not the least the Taxidermy bills !

Lost me a bit there @Muskox, do you mean Warthog, some species of Pig or a type of Demon Antelope ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Credithoils

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.