Hyena Shoulder Mount

That critter has eluded me so many times! Still on my list if I ever go back. That looks pretty cool.
 
Lost me a bit there @Muskox, do you mean Warthog, some species of Pig or a type of Demon Antelope ?
Pretty sure he's talking about a North American Pronghorn.
 
Thank you @Cam Moon, never thought of the US Antelope (known as Demon Antlope lol) & the Prongs are called "Cutters" on them Eh ?

I have always liked them to, very cool looking Unique animal !
 
I think they are too. And a fun, challenging hunt too. We often just call them antelope here, but Pronghorn is proper. Apparently they aren't even a type of antelope! LOL
 
LoL really, funny I won $50 off a American hunter of mine many years back when I told him the American Antelope - Pronghorn - shed their horns, he said no way, what would I know & bet me they did not !

Well he checked it out & sent the money, I said not to worry but he was adamant !

Interesting to learn the Prong points are called Cutters .
 
They have an outer sheath that grows over the actual bone. The sheath is regrown every year, but the bone itself isn't shed. This is unlike a deer, elk, etc with antlers which are made of bone, but are actually shed every year and then regrown.
We've got amazing animals all over the world, and it's interesting to see the differences.
But back on topic, I would say that from all the comments about this shoulder mounted hyena, that it's something that more than a few of us might consider doing, even if we had dismissed it before. I keep going back and looking at it, and I think that being in the company of all the other shoulder mounts really helps with it's appeal as well.
It just plain FITS! :A Thumbs Up:
 
Last edited:
It looks great but I too really like the caracal!

Can you post more pictures of that?
 
I like it, and like your wall as well. Like other have said, more pictures please.
 
I am planning on a hyena hunt in october, so I will add this to my options for the mount. I have been looking at the many possible mount options. I like the way yours is done.
 
On my bucket list! Very nice!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,385
Messages
1,574,697
Members
170,135
Latest member
RegenaStoc
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top