Look forward to the write up! I took a "representiva" trophy too as an additional £1-3000 for a couple of inches horn is hard to justify. A representative head is still lots of animal and looks great on the wall IMO. Who are you going with?

I'm going with Corju Hunting.

Fran is a good man you will have a good time, I'm hunting with him next weekend too

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. What are you hunting?

12 days till I'm in the mountains!

What calibers can't you use in Spain? Military calibers are out correct .30-06

Here is a Balerian goat or as we call them here Spanish or Catalina goats a client took on my place last weekend.
image.jpeg

Reactions: TOM
I would really like to hunt ibex in Spain one day. Sheep and goats are some of my absolute favorite animals to hunt and imo make spectacular trophys and a challenge to hunt.

Last edited:
Here is a Balerian goat or as we call them here Spanish or Catalina goats a client took on my place last weekend. View attachment 51216

Nice horns! We call them Balearean Goat here and they are located in the Mallorca Island, one of the 4 islands forming the Balearic Islands: Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera. An absolutely gorgeous and heavenly place!

Balearean goat and hunting area.jpg

I will leave here 2 posts about legal aspects that must be taken into consideration when hunting in Spain. Every hunter that hunts in Spain needs to know this info and sometimes I´ve seen that people don´t know where to take this info from and you can find that they are leaving comments on Government´s websites, comments to which nobody answers :(

So, here you have it, at hand:

Hunting documents and gun permit for Spain
Complete Spanish airport gun assistance and guide

Hopefully this will come in handy to many of us :D

.223 is for military use only.
.308 can be used by civilians except in semi-auto.
.30-06 is legal for civilian use.
What calibers can't you use in Spain? Military calibers are out correct .30-06

I will be using a .270 WIN for my trip.

How to properly get ready for a successful hunt in Spain:

GET YOUR RIFLE READY FOR HUNTING TRIP IN SPAIN
A few months ago we have published a gear list that all of our clients thought it was very complete and helpful. But having the right equipment with you is only one part of a successful hunt. The other important aspect for a successful hunt is shooting properly. Gun preparation is your most important homework before you come hunting in Spain.

GUN PREPARATION ADVICE:
The shooting moment is the decisive moment. Everything else is important, but the shot is crucial, decisive. Shooting well is the main key to a successful hunt. For this reason we have put together a few training ideas that can help you get ready for your hunting trip to Spain.

1. DON´T USE A GUN YOU ARE NOT FAMILIARIZED WITH
Or a rifle that you have never used before. More than that, make sure you bring a gun that you are very used to and that you are very comfortable with. This is the first step of your gun preparation for your Spanish hunt.

2. SIGHT YOUR RIFLE IN FOR 200 YARDS OR 250 YARDS
The shooting distance for the Spanish Ibex and Spanish species is in general over 200 yards. Depending on the grains of your bullets the drop will be higher or lower. If you have your gun sighted in at 100 then you may also have a cheat sheet to know how the bullet drops at 200, 300 etc, but if you have it sighted in at 250 yards you may not have to make many adjustments and guarantee a better shooting chance. Therefore, less math and more accuracy, this is the second step for your gun preparation.

3. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
We know that a 7mm or a 300 or a 3006 caliber is maybe something that you may not use very often so for this reason:know your gun and shoot is as many times as necessary. After you have it sighted in at 250 yards try shooting at 150, 175, 220, 275, 300 and 347 yards if necessary, more than once, and write down the drop and the adjustments that you will need to make. In this way you´ll know how your gun “behaves”, what you have to adjust and how much. If you use different types of ammo do this with all of them and write down your results.

Another good shooting exercise is to shoot from different shooting positions: laid down on a backpack, using shooting sticks (both low and high), using bipods or even from a low rock wall (if available, you´ll see that we have many of these in the hunting area of the Ibex in general and in the hunting area of the Beceite Ibex in particular).

And of course, take into account that mountain hunting is NOT straight or flat shooting. You may have to shoot low or high, and if you are lucky the angle will not be superior to 15º.

Most of our hunters are experienced hunters, but sometimes even an experienced hunter may use some advice. The only person that never misses a shot is someone that never shoots, but these exercises may avoid a missed shot, or even worse, leaving an animal wounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I have spoken about vacationing in Spain someday. Perhaps a side hunting trip would be allowed. I could use the example set by Johnnyblues as ammunition!

The wife and I have spoken about vacationing in Spain someday. Perhaps a side hunting trip would be allowed. I could use the example set by Johnnyblues as ammunition!
PM me whenever you want!

Roe deer...... Any pics??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg