AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
SCI and DSC
Hunted
Spain, New Zealand, Argentina
Although this forum is called Africa Hunting, we can see that it has become a forum for hunters worldwide. The idea behind this thread is to talk about Hunting in Spain. It will not be related only to one outfitter, but rather to hunters´ questions, photos, experiences, feedback and stories.
There are some threads already created about the Spanish Ibex, Mouflon Sheep and Balearean Goat, but this would cover all the species in Spain. Feel free to upload pictures of your experience in Spain, say what you felt when you hunted in Spain, if you think it´s a place where one should rather go with the family and dedicate days for tourism... whatever you may think of.
Attached is a photo of all the Hunting Species that are available for big game hunting in Spain at the moment: have you hunted any of them? Do you have them on your bucket list?

Hunting species in Spain.jpg

good ide for a thread .......
some of the ibex look interesting

good ide for a thread .......
some of the ibex look interesting
Thank you. I like your signature very much. So true: "THE HUNTER; The person that pays over 90% of the cost for the presavation and maintance of wildlife and gets zero credit for it"

I'm off to Spain in about 22 days to hunt the Beceite Ibex. I have never hunted Spain before and am looking forward to the trip. Any advice appreciated!

I'm off to Spain in about 22 days to hunt the Beceite Ibex. I have never hunted Spain before and am looking forward to the trip. Any advice appreciated!
That sounds great! You should have known us before you booked, obviously, but I forgive you :cautious::(:p

The Beceite is a beautiful species, if you haven´t seen one life until now you are going to be impressed by them. Such a strong body, so majestic and then they jump so easily. They are very spooky, great sight and if you get really close and they feel in danger they whistle and run quicker than anyone expects, without looking back. They are a treat!

Enjoy your hunt, man, and we look forward to having your picture here! These are all Beceite Ibex!

banner Caza Hispanica.jpg

Hopefully I will have some photo's to share, and even a write-up to do..

We are only after a representative each, otherwise the prices start to sky rocket!

We are only after a representative each, otherwise the prices start to sky rocket!
Looking forward to seeing them. Have you considered coming back for the Gredos or maybe a Chamois?

Looking forward to seeing them. Have you considered coming back for the Gredos or maybe a Chamois?

No plans for the other Ibex in the immediate future, maybe a Mouflon or Chamios though.

Chamois live in an extraordinary area. Northern Spain is so different to the rest of Spain. Mountains are really high, sometimes snowed and the views are spectacular. Everuthing is greener, and if you want to spend some days for tourism there are some amazing places up there. Kind of similar to the coasts of Ireland and Scandinavian peninsulas. You can come in July and hunt a Cantabrian chamois and go and run with the bulls in Pamplona!

Small, tricky and fast, the chamois is not easy, but that´s what makes the hunt thrilling.

Are you guys having a hard time to apply for and receive all the travel documents needed in Spain?

Gun permit in Spain.jpg

Look forward to the write up! I took a "representiva" trophy too as an additional £1-3000 for a couple of inches horn is hard to justify. A representative head is still lots of animal and looks great on the wall IMO. Who are you going with?

I want a chamois pretty badly. So I would put that on the bucketlist.
Pyrenean or Cantabrian? Although their hunting areas are not very far away from each other, and the difference in size is not so big, they have very different hunting seasons. Cantabrian chamois can be hunted between April and November and then during February and the Pyrenean can be hunted since March until end of June and then again since September until end of January

I want a chamois pretty badly. So I would put that on the bucketlist.

I'm going for Chamois next weekend, ill let you know how I get on! , I actually booked with a Spanish outfitter CORJU hunting who was fantastic in arranging the ibex hunt for us so fingers crossed

I'm going for Chamois next weekend, ill let you know how I get on! , I actually booked with a Spanish outfitter CORJU hunting who was fantastic in arranging the ibex hunt for us so fingers crossed

Good luck! Be sure to take pictures and give us a report!

Pyrenean or Cantabrian? Although their hunting areas are not very far away from each other, and the difference in size is not so big, they have very different hunting seasons. Cantabrian chamois can be hunted between April and November and then during February and the Pyrenean can be hunted since March until end of June and then again since September until end of January

I don't necessarily have a particular one in mind. That would largely depend on the wallet. I found a good hunt in France but my fiancée said she had to go with me and we had to stop in Paris and we had to get a Louis Vuitton purse and by the time it was said and done way out of budget. So much to hunt so little time.

I think it would be interesting but usually daily fees and taxes make the hunt out of reach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg