The wife and I have spoken about vacationing in Spain someday. Perhaps a side hunting trip would be allowed. I could use the example set by Johnnyblues as ammunition!
I got a mouflon hunt at SCI auction, with my wife accompanying me. It was great! We hunted at Fernando Saiz' finca. I would hunt in early morning, while she relaxed around the hacienda and read. At 9 we returned from the hunt, ate breakfast and went off to be tourists. Amazing food, interesting sights. Even my wife was captivated by the taxidermy museum -- she has no interest in hunting. We would get back to the finca and on the trail from 6 to 9 pm, then back for supper. I could have hunted the roaring red deer, fallow -- just coming into the rut, Eurasian boars -- a couple times I thought I would have to shoot one. They were not happy to see me. I also had options to go after four species of ibex, but this was not a good time for that. Wonderful time, magnificent beasts, expert guide.

I got a mouflon hunt at SCI auction, with my wife accompanying me. It was great! We hunted at Fernando Saiz' finca. I would hunt in early morning, while she relaxed around the hacienda and read. At 9 we returned from the hunt, ate breakfast and went off to be tourists. Amazing food, interesting sights. Even my wife was captivated by the taxidermy museum -- she has no interest in hunting. We would get back to the finca and on the trail from 6 to 9 pm, then back for supper. I could have hunted the roaring red deer, fallow -- just coming into the rut, Eurasian boars -- a couple times I thought I would have to shoot one. They were not happy to see me. I also had options to go after four species of ibex, but this was not a good time for that. Wonderful time, magnificent beasts, expert guide.

Nope, no pictures so it never happened!;)

If you look on YouTube and search for Stalking Films - Carlos Castillo, you will find some Spanish hunting amongst his offerings.
There are a few from Southern France too.
Each is only a few minutes long but well made, good quality and the editing is good to get the action into the four or five minutes of footage.

I can highly recommend a hunt in Spain. It is the ideal destination to combine with a tourist adventure with a spouse. We hunted Gredos Ibex with Great Spanish Hunts http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/about-us/ and had a glorious adventure in the Gredos mountains before moving on to Madrid and Toledo. We have travelled extensively in Europe, and I can now say Spain is our favorite destination - (and my spouse and I thought nothing could surpass Rome and Tuscany! Hunting conditions were fabulous, quarters were first rate, and most importantly, the people were wonderful. I also took a fabulous old ibex.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I can highly recommend a hunt in Spain. It is the ideal destination to combine with a tourist adventure with a spouse. We hunted Gredos Ibex with Great Spanish Hunts http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/about-us/ and had a glorious adventure in the Gredos mountains before moving on to Madrid and Toledo. We have travelled extensively in Europe, and I can now say Spain is our favorite destination - (and my spouse and I thought nothing could surpass Rome and Tuscany! Hunting conditions were fabulous, quarters were first rate, and most importantly, the people were wonderful. I also took a fabulous old ibex.

Well, that just bumped it up on the list! Did you travel with your own rifle?

Just mentioned this to my wife....now the planning is ever so slowly in motion....

Well, that just bumped it up on the list! Did you travel with your own rifle?
Nope. Did a loaner (.300 WM with Leica optics). Just too hard to do the whole armed tourist thing after the hunt. Worked out great. And we are going back next year.

Same with me. My first hunt with 300 Win Mag.

Nope. Did a loaner (.300 WM with Leica optics). Just too hard to do the whole armed tourist thing after the hunt. Worked out great. And we are going back next year.
I just emailed them to start it off. I probably seem like a tire kicker as I am a few years out (I am going to Namibia next year.) But, then both boys will be at University so a perfect trip with my Mrs. Thanks for the tip!

I hunted Spain last year with my bow. Took a nice mouflon and great red stag. Very physical and rewarding hunt. A Beceite Ibex is booked for later this year. I cant wait!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stewartsDucky

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber