bilmcc

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Ruffed Grouse Society, Wyoming Wildlife Foundation, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett
Hunted
Zambia, New Zealand, Spain, US (PA, VA, TX, ME)
The wife and I have spoken about vacationing in Spain someday. Perhaps a side hunting trip would be allowed. I could use the example set by Johnnyblues as ammunition!
I got a mouflon hunt at SCI auction, with my wife accompanying me. It was great! We hunted at Fernando Saiz' finca. I would hunt in early morning, while she relaxed around the hacienda and read. At 9 we returned from the hunt, ate breakfast and went off to be tourists. Amazing food, interesting sights. Even my wife was captivated by the taxidermy museum -- she has no interest in hunting. We would get back to the finca and on the trail from 6 to 9 pm, then back for supper. I could have hunted the roaring red deer, fallow -- just coming into the rut, Eurasian boars -- a couple times I thought I would have to shoot one. They were not happy to see me. I also had options to go after four species of ibex, but this was not a good time for that. Wonderful time, magnificent beasts, expert guide.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I got a mouflon hunt at SCI auction, with my wife accompanying me. It was great! We hunted at Fernando Saiz' finca. I would hunt in early morning, while she relaxed around the hacienda and read. At 9 we returned from the hunt, ate breakfast and went off to be tourists. Amazing food, interesting sights. Even my wife was captivated by the taxidermy museum -- she has no interest in hunting. We would get back to the finca and on the trail from 6 to 9 pm, then back for supper. I could have hunted the roaring red deer, fallow -- just coming into the rut, Eurasian boars -- a couple times I thought I would have to shoot one. They were not happy to see me. I also had options to go after four species of ibex, but this was not a good time for that. Wonderful time, magnificent beasts, expert guide.

Nope, no pictures so it never happened!;)

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
If you look on YouTube and search for Stalking Films - Carlos Castillo, you will find some Spanish hunting amongst his offerings.
There are a few from Southern France too.
Each is only a few minutes long but well made, good quality and the editing is good to get the action into the four or five minutes of footage.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I can highly recommend a hunt in Spain. It is the ideal destination to combine with a tourist adventure with a spouse. We hunted Gredos Ibex with Great Spanish Hunts http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/about-us/ and had a glorious adventure in the Gredos mountains before moving on to Madrid and Toledo. We have travelled extensively in Europe, and I can now say Spain is our favorite destination - (and my spouse and I thought nothing could surpass Rome and Tuscany! Hunting conditions were fabulous, quarters were first rate, and most importantly, the people were wonderful. I also took a fabulous old ibex.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
I can highly recommend a hunt in Spain. It is the ideal destination to combine with a tourist adventure with a spouse. We hunted Gredos Ibex with Great Spanish Hunts http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/about-us/ and had a glorious adventure in the Gredos mountains before moving on to Madrid and Toledo. We have travelled extensively in Europe, and I can now say Spain is our favorite destination - (and my spouse and I thought nothing could surpass Rome and Tuscany! Hunting conditions were fabulous, quarters were first rate, and most importantly, the people were wonderful. I also took a fabulous old ibex.

Well, that just bumped it up on the list! Did you travel with your own rifle?

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
Just mentioned this to my wife....now the planning is ever so slowly in motion....

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Well, that just bumped it up on the list! Did you travel with your own rifle?
Nope. Did a loaner (.300 WM with Leica optics). Just too hard to do the whole armed tourist thing after the hunt. Worked out great. And we are going back next year.

bilmcc

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Ruffed Grouse Society, Wyoming Wildlife Foundation, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett
Hunted
Zambia, New Zealand, Spain, US (PA, VA, TX, ME)
Same with me. My first hunt with 300 Win Mag.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
Nope. Did a loaner (.300 WM with Leica optics). Just too hard to do the whole armed tourist thing after the hunt. Worked out great. And we are going back next year.
I just emailed them to start it off. I probably seem like a tire kicker as I am a few years out (I am going to Namibia next year.) But, then both boys will be at University so a perfect trip with my Mrs. Thanks for the tip!

TOM

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
I hunted Spain last year with my bow. Took a nice mouflon and great red stag. Very physical and rewarding hunt. A Beceite Ibex is booked for later this year. I cant wait!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeriKzv061

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh