Howdy from Australia

@STD
Welcome aboard to the best forum around mate from a new south welshman.
Not being a smartarse but I would change my initials from STD or be prepared to be shit stirred.
I notice you are from QLD, there are a few great members from up there like @rdog, @Rule 303 and @Dr Ray.
All good blokes, you have to watch some of the mericans tho they will try and lead you down the path of the double or the Blaser R8 and before you know it your hooked.
Once again welcome aboard mate.
Bob
Thanks for the welcome. Well I got these initials 58 years ago so ...... Usually if people do see a need to rip the mat it is often due to jealousy so .......
It is also too late to save me from the dark side as I bought a Sauer 404 a while ago.
Hopefully there are people here who are keen to teach as i have found FB basically useless in that regard.
 
Hello STD,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
I knew you were going to be the first one Bob! Lol

welcome STD and I have never said that before!

tell us about your guns you use in OZ!

cheers mate
Cody
Mainly 7mm Rem Mag chasing deer. Also 7mm08 308 338 and a few others but the RM is my goto. 150 BST and 150 or 160 PT depending on the critter.
A very old 700ADL which I have tidied up still shoots lights out.
 
Hello STD,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
@Velo Dog
If'n Khomas wants a change from the China flu you could always have STD hunt with you. Sorry mate couldn't resist it.
Bob
 
Thanks for the welcome. Well I got these initials 58 years ago so ...... Usually if people do see a need to rip the mat it is often due to jealousy so .......
It is also too late to save me from the dark side as I bought a Sauer 404 a while ago.
Hopefully there are people here who are keen to teach as i have found FB basically useless in that regard.
@STD
MATE FB is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
The blokes in here will do there best to help with anything. Just please say you ain't got one of th I se horrible little 243s and sell will be well.
Bob
 
@STD
MATE FB is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
The blokes in here will do there best to help with anything. Just please say you ain't got one of th I se horrible little 243s and sell will be well.
Bob
If we are being honest I have 2 actually but the 7mm08 gets the nod over them most days.
Also have a couple of motorbikes but no ashtrays.
 
I have seen the cost of brass dies & projectiles for the 404 J, but really i would love one my self please do not take offense, i am just joking with you i am building a 9.3x62 as a more affordable option.
@rdog
The Whelen is even cheaper to run than the 9.3
Bob
 
If we are being honest I have 2 actually but the 7mm08 gets the nod over them most days.
Also have a couple of motorbikes but no ashtrays.
@STD
I have the ideal solution for them. Swap them for 404J stuff to reduce the shooting cost. Apart from that they are only good for tomato stakes. Stick with the 7mm-08. You could always neck the 243 brass up and use it for your 7mm-08.
Bob
Bob
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome, I have enjoyed hunting with a few blokes and one gal from Queensland here in South Africa all good guys.
 
Welcome to AH!! Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that
 
G'day from Australia,

Yep STD and virus made it into about post 3.

Then , well Bob is pushing the .35Whelen, that's not his real name he wasn't born Whelen but has adopted the name.
And his love of .243 , I can't describe it I never did understand what a love hate relationship is but it seems like something like that.

You might need a Von Gruff knife to go with that .404, I'm sure Garry might be able to do something to compliment a knife with a headstamp as opposed to your initials.

There are a few more Aussie s lurking here and the rest of the world members seem like a good bunch too.
 
Welcome to AH, STD. You’ve come to the right site for hunting Africa. Your choice of Mozambique and a .404 J are classics. Although I only handled a Sauer 404 at a couple of shows, it’s a fine rifle.
2022 will come fast. Looking forward to your hunt report and photos.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,205
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top