How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Both awesome deer but I really love that heavy, narrow buck!
Me too! Here's a picture of him from last year...
WGI_4321.JPG

How do you know mule deer season is over? This big bugger has been tormenting me for 3 days at my whitetail blind!
View attachment 377470
View attachment 377471
View attachment 377472
WOW!! I think I would be finding a taxidermist to sew on a long tail and some ears......Hard to pass that up.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Me too! Here's a picture of him from last year...View attachment 377487

WOW!! I think I would be finding a taxidermist to sew on a long tail and some ears......Hard to pass that up.
Hopefully I can find him next year and get an arrow in him! Love those tall narrow racks!

jduckhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Bang, Bang and just like that PA buck hunting season is over for my son and I. And don't let anyone tell you that a sub-sonic 300 Blackout load isn't a good round for deer cause this is my 3rd buck in 4 years using my Blackout and all 3 were 1 shot and down.
PA2020#6.jpg

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I posted a detailed hunt report, but what the heck, I'll post a few photos here too:

Opening week of Montana rifle elk/deer season was the last week of October. It turned sub-zero cold and snowing, so the elk were coming out of the mountains and feeding more in the valley. My son-in-law took his very first elk on opening day and I followed up the next day with my elk. We both took a whitetail later in the week.

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_9881.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg
IMG_2806.jpg

Now I am watching whitetails on my game cameras in the backyard in Louisiana and will see if I can get one with a bow. This is the buck that occasionally shows up in my backyard. Several doe show up daily, so hopefully I'll cross paths with this big boy soon! I've seen lots of hogs, a raccoon and a coyote on the game cams too.

Note: my property is not high fenced, but the neighbor behind me is. The deer and hogs come under the fence, right where this game camera is set up.

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
@Ragman What a season! Both those Mulies are great and what a bruiser of a Whitetail. Congratulations to you both.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
@Ragman What a season! Both those Mulies are great and what a bruiser of a Whitetail. Congratulations to you both.
Thank you very much, but I'm not done yet...still have tonight and tomorrow to get my whitetail!

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Very nice! I bet I could “suffer through” that one for a substitute as well. :)
The one I saw last night makes this one look like a runt. Last nights looked like post 632.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthaMarr

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh