How do you Pass time before safari

As others have said, practice shooting. I would add put in the time to work out and get in good shape. I did a lot of hiking on my first and will again in four weeks when on my second. Being able to keep up with the PH and Trackers felt good and gave us more opportunity at game.
 
Little confused. Did you notice a difference when you went from the 22 to the big bore. Or did you notice a difference when you went from shooting the 22 off the bench to now using sticks

Once you have decided on a load and your rifle is sighted in stop shooting off the bench and just practice off the sticks. I did most of my shooting stick practice with the a 22 and was shooting very well. When I started shooting my 35 Whelen off of the sticks my group opened up dramatically. My father and brother experienced the exact same issue but we where all able to improve our shooting with our hunting rifles before we left for Africa. You have plenty of time before your hunt so start with the 22 but 6-8 month before you safari switch to your hunting rifle and you'll be fine.
 
conditioning my liver so I can survive the evenings by the fire
 
Once you have decided on a load and your rifle is sighted in stop shooting off the bench and just practice off the sticks. I did most of my shooting stick practice with the a 22 and was shooting very well. When I started shooting my 35 Whelen off of the sticks my group opened up dramatically. My father and brother experienced the exact same issue but we where all able to improve our shooting with our hunting rifles before we left for Africa. You have plenty of time before your hunt so start with the 22 but 6-8 month before you safari switch to your hunting rifle and you'll be fine.
Thanks. This is what I will do
 
conditioning my liver so I can survive the evenings by the fire

Haha.... likely the best advice in this thread!
 
  • Like
Reactions: lcq

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top