How do you Pass time before safari

As others have said, practice shooting. I would add put in the time to work out and get in good shape. I did a lot of hiking on my first and will again in four weeks when on my second. Being able to keep up with the PH and Trackers felt good and gave us more opportunity at game.

Little confused. Did you notice a difference when you went from the 22 to the big bore. Or did you notice a difference when you went from shooting the 22 off the bench to now using sticks

Once you have decided on a load and your rifle is sighted in stop shooting off the bench and just practice off the sticks. I did most of my shooting stick practice with the a 22 and was shooting very well. When I started shooting my 35 Whelen off of the sticks my group opened up dramatically. My father and brother experienced the exact same issue but we where all able to improve our shooting with our hunting rifles before we left for Africa. You have plenty of time before your hunt so start with the 22 but 6-8 month before you safari switch to your hunting rifle and you'll be fine.

conditioning my liver so I can survive the evenings by the fire

Once you have decided on a load and your rifle is sighted in stop shooting off the bench and just practice off the sticks. I did most of my shooting stick practice with the a 22 and was shooting very well. When I started shooting my 35 Whelen off of the sticks my group opened up dramatically. My father and brother experienced the exact same issue but we where all able to improve our shooting with our hunting rifles before we left for Africa. You have plenty of time before your hunt so start with the 22 but 6-8 month before you safari switch to your hunting rifle and you'll be fine.
Thanks. This is what I will do

conditioning my liver so I can survive the evenings by the fire

Haha.... likely the best advice in this thread!

Reactions: lcq

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you