Hippo CITES permit?

True. I called yesterday to get more info as I've seen Robert posting. Thought he may be back at work. Prayers
 
Hi guy's , anyone know if I need an import permit for hippo? I know I need one to export out of Africa.

@johnnyblues I can tell you that I imported one in December. (feet and tusks) I did not pay for or complete any paperwork above and beyond what was required for the other animals such as kudu, impala, bushbuck, duiker, cape buffalo, waterbuck. I did not pay more to Coppersmith for import on the Hippo's account. The export fees were the same. The dip and pack fees were the same.

So, while I don't know "what is required" I know that no special costs or time were required to get the hippo delivered to the USA.
 
@johnnyblues I can tell you that I imported one in December. (feet and tusks) I did not pay for or complete any paperwork above and beyond what was required for the other animals such as kudu, impala, bushbuck, duiker, cape buffalo, waterbuck. I did not pay more to Coppersmith for import on the Hippo's account. The export fees were the same. The dip and pack fees were the same.

So, while I don't know "what is required" I know that no special costs or time were required to get the hippo delivered to the USA.
Fantastic. That should do it. Thank you.
 
Last edited:
I wish Robert a speedy recovery, and Johnny a dose of patience, all good things happen.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,762
Members
169,615
Latest member
EnidBennel
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top