Hippo CITES permit?

True. I called yesterday to get more info as I've seen Robert posting. Thought he may be back at work. Prayers

Hi guy's , anyone know if I need an import permit for hippo? I know I need one to export out of Africa.

@johnnyblues I can tell you that I imported one in December. (feet and tusks) I did not pay for or complete any paperwork above and beyond what was required for the other animals such as kudu, impala, bushbuck, duiker, cape buffalo, waterbuck. I did not pay more to Coppersmith for import on the Hippo's account. The export fees were the same. The dip and pack fees were the same.

So, while I don't know "what is required" I know that no special costs or time were required to get the hippo delivered to the USA.

@johnnyblues I can tell you that I imported one in December. (feet and tusks) I did not pay for or complete any paperwork above and beyond what was required for the other animals such as kudu, impala, bushbuck, duiker, cape buffalo, waterbuck. I did not pay more to Coppersmith for import on the Hippo's account. The export fees were the same. The dip and pack fees were the same.

So, while I don't know "what is required" I know that no special costs or time were required to get the hippo delivered to the USA.
Fantastic. That should do it. Thank you.

Last edited:
I wish Robert a speedy recovery, and Johnny a dose of patience, all good things happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!