Heym factory visit?

They allow plant tours every once in a while.I would go with you.
Everyone I talked to was excited about the insight into this great company.
Foxi

I've been there, yes. It helps to know the boss...

Whether they will let you take a peek at everything is debatable, though. Some work is done by contractors off-site, such as engraving and some of the finishing.

Gleichamberg is in the old East-Germany. Getting there from Frankfurt is a solid 2-hour drive and accommodation in town is rather limited as well.

I attended/competed in "The Heym Challenge" in 2013. The whole experience which included a factory tour was EXCELLENT. I flew into the Frankfurt International Airport and traveled by train to a village not far from the factory. I took a train right from the airport, and had one
connection / change of trains enroute. Stayed at a small Gasthaus in a small village not far from the factory. I don't recall right offhand the name town where I changed trains, or the name of the village where I stayed, but getting there by train was quite enjoyable. I'd travel by that method again if I were to go again. If you secure an invite from Heym to visit, I'm sure they could provide all the necessary transport recommendations.

Perhaps Heym could organise a visit for those AH members that are interested.

I passed by H&H, Purdey and William Evans the last two days, would like to add Heym as well.

This weekend is the famous IWA in Germany, is the BEST in Europa

Sounds good. I will ask them when.
Recommend anyone who can go, go. Heym consistently offers discounts to hunters who tour (at least, they do to the Americans working for the US government who have German hunting licenses).

This weekend is the famous IWA in Germany, is the BEST in Europa

IWA is unfortunately only open to trade visitors

When you get there be sure to ask "why they do not make a owners manual for the "89b".

Lon

I dont think Heym makes singleshots, at least there are none in the catalogue.
They used to make a single shot break-action (kipplauf) rifle - the Model 44B. I bought a brand new one just over 20 years ago, but I'm unsure when or why they ceased making them. A shame as they are extremely nice rifles. Mine is in 7x57.

Recommend anyone who can go, go. Heym consistently offers discounts to hunters who tour (at least, they do to the Americans working for the US government who have German hunting licenses).
And to those who already have a double from before???

I've been there, yes. It helps to know the boss...

Whether they will let you take a peek at everything is debatable, though. Some work is done by contractors off-site, such as engraving and some of the finishing.

Gleichamberg is in the old East-Germany. Getting there from Frankfurt is a solid 2-hour drive and accommodation in town is rather limited as well.
Thanks for sharing JvW. Did they let you see the action machining?
Perhaps Heym could organise a visit for those AH members that are interested.

I passed by H&H, Purdey and William Evans the last two days, would like to add Heym as well.
Great idea, maybe we rope in @Chris Sells to help secure an invite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross