Heym factory visit?

I've been there, yes. It helps to know the boss...

Whether they will let you take a peek at everything is debatable, though. Some work is done by contractors off-site, such as engraving and some of the finishing.

Gleichamberg is in the old East-Germany. Getting there from Frankfurt is a solid 2-hour drive and accommodation in town is rather limited as well.
 
I attended/competed in "The Heym Challenge" in 2013. The whole experience which included a factory tour was EXCELLENT. I flew into the Frankfurt International Airport and traveled by train to a village not far from the factory. I took a train right from the airport, and had one
connection / change of trains enroute. Stayed at a small Gasthaus in a small village not far from the factory. I don't recall right offhand the name town where I changed trains, or the name of the village where I stayed, but getting there by train was quite enjoyable. I'd travel by that method again if I were to go again. If you secure an invite from Heym to visit, I'm sure they could provide all the necessary transport recommendations.
 
Perhaps Heym could organise a visit for those AH members that are interested.

I passed by H&H, Purdey and William Evans the last two days, would like to add Heym as well.
 
Sounds good. I will ask them when.
Recommend anyone who can go, go. Heym consistently offers discounts to hunters who tour (at least, they do to the Americans working for the US government who have German hunting licenses).
 
This weekend is the famous IWA in Germany, is the BEST in Europa

IWA is unfortunately only open to trade visitors
 
When you get there be sure to ask "why they do not make a owners manual for the "89b".

Lon
 
I dont think Heym makes singleshots, at least there are none in the catalogue.
They used to make a single shot break-action (kipplauf) rifle - the Model 44B. I bought a brand new one just over 20 years ago, but I'm unsure when or why they ceased making them. A shame as they are extremely nice rifles. Mine is in 7x57.
 
Recommend anyone who can go, go. Heym consistently offers discounts to hunters who tour (at least, they do to the Americans working for the US government who have German hunting licenses).
And to those who already have a double from before???
 
I've been there, yes. It helps to know the boss...

Whether they will let you take a peek at everything is debatable, though. Some work is done by contractors off-site, such as engraving and some of the finishing.

Gleichamberg is in the old East-Germany. Getting there from Frankfurt is a solid 2-hour drive and accommodation in town is rather limited as well.
Thanks for sharing JvW. Did they let you see the action machining?
Perhaps Heym could organise a visit for those AH members that are interested.

I passed by H&H, Purdey and William Evans the last two days, would like to add Heym as well.
Great idea, maybe we rope in @Chris Sells to help secure an invite.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,947
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top