Heym 500NE

Johann Muller

AH member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
28
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SA Hunters Assoc. PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Zim Moz.
Hi Guys
I have finally ordered a Heym B88PH in 500NE from Chris Sells of Heym USA. Has anyone imported a rifle from abroad. Its still being finished in the Heym Factory but I have been checking on import Duty's, Vat etc. which seem to be astronomical.
Would like some comments in this regard
 
If you ordered it through a U.S. Heym dealer, the importing will be done by them. Cost should be including in the price they sold it to you for. If you are in S.A. and want to import it there from the U.S. you have a lot of footwork to do and it will be relatively expensive. If you are in S.A. and the rifle is still being made in Germany, why order from an American dealer, why not German? Just curious.
 
Not sure about the import regs and details.
There is a 500NE Heym for sale in Safari and Outdoor, in fact 2. one in jhb and one in pta at the moment.
Perhaps ask someone at S&O, they may be able to assist, possibly even do the importation themselves for you.
 
RSA loves it's VAT.
I just sent some books back with a friend in order to avoid that set of insane taxes. They would have more than doubled the cost of the books. :eek:

Hope someone can help you out.
 
If you're content to carry a rifle of the weight traditionally made in the .500's then you certainly won't be complaining about its effectiveness.

I never used my on Elephant, but shot a few buff with it and its effect can be best quantified by quoting one of my Aboriginal Elders after he saw me shooting a buff with mine; "That big two-pipe make-em sit down real quick, aye".

I eventually sold mine after being spoilt with the handiness and portability of my 8.5lbs .500 MDM Ultra mag which is equally effective as the N.E but half the gun to carry.

Best of luck with your double you have a quality piece there that will last you a lifetime.
 
Be sure to post some pics of that beauty when she arrives !
 
Thanks Guys
I'm busy with Chris in this regard. Ordered it in Dallas when I was at the show. They give a lot of discount being a PH so we will work something out. Will keep you posted and send pics when I receive it.
Chose the double in 500 for a real stopper. I have a 450 Rigby in bolt but guess I was itching JUST TO HAVE ONE....
 
Finally have that 500 in my hands. It was quite a journey but its here in South Africa. I will post some pics. Have put 20 rounds through it and shoot like a dandy.
 
I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Very good rifles. What ammunition was it regulated for and what ammunition have you tried so far?
 
Congrats on the new arrival. How about some pics and a range report?
 
Everyone loves pictures!
 
congratulations on your rifle!

im still waiting for my Heym M89 in 500 NE to arrive. I ordered the rifle in October of 2016 and I was just told it should be here early January 2018.

-matt
 
I just know that when @matt85 receives his, this forum will be covered with pics of the rifle and targets!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,242
Members
169,985
Latest member
AdelaideAr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top