HELP NEEDED To Find Scott van Zyl Gone Missing In Zimbabwe

Jesus. May god be with him.

My hopes and prayers are with Scott and his family that Scott will be found safe and sound ASAP. Donation to the gofundme done.

Hope they find Scott, if there is another website that take the donation's to help Scot that does not hold back fee's as go fund me website can take 15% of the donation as well as charge the one donating the funds 3% charge for the service please let me know. Thanks Bob

Hope they find Scott, if there is another website that take the donation's to help Scot that does not hold back fee's as go fund me website can take 15% of the donation as well as charge the one donating the funds 3% charge for the service please let me know. Thanks Bob
Bob, There are fees associated with gofundme.com for sure but from the screenshot that I included below it is more in the line of 8%. This was a convenient set up especially in this instance where funds were needed fast and could be secured right away. The conveniency of being able to pay by credit card is also a plus for most and wiring money overseas can cost a lot on both the sender and the receiver so this was a good and convenient option. Is there a cheaper organization out there than www.gofundme.com, perhaps but this is a known organization which can be relied on and which most will know and feel ok to rely on.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 4.28.59 PM.png

Bob, Sorry forgot to answer your question. I do not know of any other website but you may want to contact Mr. Gerhard Vos from the Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum (LHLF) at http://www.limpopohunters.co.za (email secretary@limpopohunters.co.za), he is the co-ordinator of this effort and he may know of another way, see post: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...-missing-in-zimbabwe.37136/page-4#post-348048.

Bob, There are fees associated with gofundme.com for sure but from the screenshot that I included below it is more in the line of 8%. This was a convenient set up especially in this instance where funds were needed fast and could be secured right away. The conveniency of being able to pay by credit card is also a plus for most and wiring money overseas can cost a lot on both the sender and the receiver so this was a good and convenient option. Is there a cheaper organization out there than www.gofundme.com, perhaps but this is a known organization which can be relied on and which most will know and feel ok to rely on.

View attachment 179127

The objective was get funds fast. It may have cost me a bit in fees but I got them to where they were needed quickly. Scott must be found quickly

The power of prayer not to be underestimated.
Both prayers and donation sent....

For sure, this is his second night out there.

Thankfully, the lows are in the 60's and highs in the high 70's.
With no precipitation.

View attachment 179127
You need to read it carefully. There are plus (+) signs between each of those % fees. I'm not saying it's bad, but one needs to recognize how much is skimmed.

I've been staying closely tuned in..... just horrible..... between dogs & tracker... you'll think they'd be close.... can't imagine. Prayers. Thoughts..... snake, poachers, etc?!?!?! Hate it!!!

Reactions: lcq
You need to read it carefully. There are plus (+) signs between each of those % fees. I'm not saying it's bad, but one needs to recognize how much is skimmed.
Then by all means make a wire transfer. These funding sites are businesses- not charities. But of course the bank is a business as well, and unless your donation is particularly generous, will likely challenge that handling percentage by a significant margin.

I just pray they have the resources to give this search every available effort. The time line is unfortunately working against them.

They take a fee to provide a service. You can choose not to use their service. The coordinator chose to use them. Most charge a fee for a service.

I am just glad the sun will be rising soon, the search party will be out there and hopefully they will find Scott soon. Can't imagine what his family is going through. Really hoping for good news soon.

Reactions: lcq

View attachment 179127
Thanks J I was just going by there website as I was going to donate money. Yes much faster than wire for sure.

Bob, Sorry forgot to answer your question. I do not know of any other website but you may want to contact Mr. Gerhard Vos from the Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum (LHLF) at http://www.limpopohunters.co.za (email secretary@limpopohunters.co.za), he is the co-ordinator of this effort and he may know of another way, see post: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...-missing-in-zimbabwe.37136/page-4#post-348048.
Thanks J I will maybe they have a PayPal account.

Semantics guys. All that counts right now is keeping the search going. Debating fees when a mans life hangs in the balance is, forgive me, just a little petty. Give if u can, pray if you can that is all we are asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg