Help! I need a new outfitter

1peggy

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
145
Reaction score
207
Location
Wytheville, VA
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
NSSA, NRA Life I
Hunted
Spain, Germany, Zimbabwe, Zambia
My outfitter passed away and I need a new one. I have the hunt booked but need the transportation and overnights booked. Any suggestions. Hunt is September this year. Regards Mike
 
What country? What are the target species? and if you find a new outfitter, will anything you've done so far be transferrable? or are you starting back at square one?

For what its worth, a good friend of mine owns a farm just a few miles down the road from Wytheville.. his son does quite a bit of work in the outdoors space and is connected with numerous guides and outfitters in the Western US if you need any help with a US hunt..

If you're talking Southern Africa, Im happy to help as I am sure several others here that are either outfitters or are US reps for various outfitters..

I'll personally be in South Africa for much of September of this year..
 
Hunting in Zimbabwe for buffalo and tuskless. Going 1st 2 weeks of September. Hunt is booked. Need everything else. I have contacted Travel Express from this site.
 
Hunting in Zimbabwe for buffalo and tuskless. Going 1st 2 weeks of September. Hunt is booked. Need everything else. I have contacted Travel Express from this site.

Who was your outfitter? If he’s a stand-up guy he has stand-up friends that wouldn’t let his reputation be damaged by leaving you in a lurch. I would imagine if we knew the outfitter, we’d be able to find another operator that would be able to make arrangements to satisfy your hunt.
 
Hunting in Zimbabwe for buffalo and tuskless. Going 1st 2 weeks of September. Hunt is booked. Need everything else. I have contacted Travel Express from this site.
The hunts booked or your airfare is booked? What area of Zim? Who was the outfitter? Who’s running the operation now? What of your deposit? What the outfitter your PH or did he have a PH working for him? How long ago did the outfitter pass? How’d you find out and what’d they tell you was happening with your business?
 
My outfitter passed away and I need a new one. I have the hunt booked but need the transportation and overnights booked. Any suggestions. Hunt is September this year. Regards Mike
Hi Mike, in Zimbabwe I can help you with almost anything regarding these matters. Happy to guide you. DM me anytime
 
The PH is also an Outfitter/company who has a staff-even if it' just his wife. He'll undoubtedly have other clients booked as well and just make contact with his business info. Things will get sorted out.
 
My outfitter passed away and I need a new one. I have the hunt booked but need the transportation and overnights booked. Any suggestions. Hunt is September this year. Regards Mike
Are you talking about Tokoloshe???
 
This should have been titled looking for a hunt between September 1-14. If you don’t have an outfitter then you don’t have a hunt booked. You’re looking for a new hunt or there are a lot of details missing.
 
The sole owner died. No backup at this time. I have the hunt booked. I need the logistics ironed out for travel etc. This outfitter made my 3 other trips successful and I will miss them.
 
Does someone know the OP personally? This is very odd?

Direct questions that are not directly answered? Strange non sequiturs…
 
Not sure why we have to meander all over the place on this topic. Thanks to @JohnD29 we played CSI to figure out that Bev Wunderlich was the operator it appears. It would be simple enough to figure out who the PHs are that serviced the operator, whatsapp them, tell them the price negotiated previously, the intended bag and dates, and ask if they can conduct a similar hunt for a similar price?

@1peggy you're speaking in riddles needlessly. You're asking for help without giving us enough information to actually help you. Do you have a contract? What were you going to hunt? Where were you going to fly in and out? What was your negotiated prices? Who were your PHs previously? What concession or RDC was going to be used? We want to assist, but you're not making it easy because you're not being clear and concise.
 
One more time. I have a hunt booked with Mokore Safaris for the first 2 weeks of September. Since Bev passed I am looking for someone to book flights and transportation to and back to the safari (Save conservancy). I am in contact with Mokore. I am looking for someone to handle logistics. I have insurance and taxidermy set up. I have called Travel Express from this site and awaiting a reply. They may be the ones to work this. Thanks Mike
 
One more time. I have a hunt booked with Mokore Safaris for the first 2 weeks of September. Since Bev passed I am looking for someone to book flights and transportation to and back to the safari (Save conservancy). I am in contact with Mokore. I am looking for someone to handle logistics. I have insurance and taxidermy set up. I have called Travel Express from this site and awaiting a reply. They may be the ones to work this. Thanks Mike

Maybe you should have put all that in your first post....and I would have thought mokore would have it sorted at their end.... :E Shrug:
 
@1peggy it was good speaking with you, and look forward to helping with your flights.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,242
Members
169,512
Latest member
ciathornresle1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top