Hello

zamkiwi

New member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am a New Zealander living in Zambia for last 3 years just found this site. Very much like NZ hunt n fish forum. Anyway I Deerstalk back in NZ and want to start hunting Zambia and around Africa mainly for meat and odd trophy. So I are open to any ideas and suggestions as all new to this way of hunting as at home we have access to public land. Thank you.:-)
 
Zam

Welcome to AH.

Have you approached the local tribes to see if they have permits where they receive the meat and you obtain the horns - skull and hide?

Not Familiar with Zambia - however, have you tried to find a private land holder (s) to see if you could cull some of there herd.

Look at the forum and try and see what you could do in Botswana or Zimbabwe. I am not sure you will be able to take the meat.
 
Welcome to the forum, great place, with great group of people to help with your hunting questions.
 
Welcome to the forum, Zamkiwi !
 
Welcome to AH zamkiwi!
 
gday zamkiwi welcome and enjoy the site .it would be bloody hard moving somewhere new and all of a sudden theres no public land to hunt on . take a bit of getting used to
 
Welcome to AH..

1.5 hours and you get answer. Awesome.

gday zamkiwi welcome and enjoy the site .it would be bloody hard moving somewhere new and all of a sudden theres no public land to hunt on . take a bit of getting used to

Have to agree. Tough to go from a place large enough with small populations where you can run around freely.
 
Based in Kafue. I work a 6 week on 3 week roster out of Eygpt as a underground mine foreman. So have a lot of time to move around on days off.
 
Yes we are blessed at home, but africa is blessed with a vast amount of diffirent animals
gday zamkiwi welcome and enjoy the site .it would be bloody hard moving somewhere new and all of a sudden theres no public land to hunt on . take a bit of getting used to
 
Welcome Glad to have you here on AH.
I once went down into a mine 1 mile underground, saw the end and said- "been there done that and got out!
I've lived through too many large earthquakes in California USA to want to be underground :-)
 
Welcome to AH zamkiwi! wish I could find a job where I would be living in Africa! No maybe not I would hunt so much I would have the USA fish and wildlife putting all african game on the endangered species List. :laughing:
 
Welcome to AH zamkiwi! wish I could find a job where I would be living in Africa! No maybe not I would hunt so much I would have the USA fish and wildlife putting all african game on the endangered species List. :laughing:

That is a very true comment, so many animals so little time, My wife laughs everytime we have been on a game drive and people are snapping photo,s and am looking at everything with horns thinking ( I wonder what that back leg or back steaks would taste like):p
 
Dear Zamkiwi
Welcome to this forum.
Enjoy the planning process of possible hunts in Africa. Why not considering Namibia?
Let us hear your questions.
Namibian greetings from Africa.
 
Hello from Martinborough New Zealand, make the most of hunting in Africa while you are there, there are many great trophy animals to take.
 
Welcome mate , you a long way from home . . .
 
Hello from Martinborough New Zealand, make the most of hunting in Africa while you are there, there are many great trophy animals to take.

Gidday - Me have a big brother in Martinborough ( Andy Darling ) You know him ?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,232
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top