Hello the camp

Seems like “hello the camp” is straight out of a John Wayne movie, bunch of roughnecks sitting around the evening fire sharing sundowners-which puts you in good company since that is every evening during safari! Welcome to the camp sir.

Hello Ravensview,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Your 7x57 is a classic African cartridge.

Likewise, blue steel and walnut are typical of Africa even today.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard Ravensview. I too am from Michigan, but down in the Southeast corner. Actually an island between the U.S. and Canada at the mouth of the Detroit River. Have you ever thought of hunting Africa? A guided Plains game hunt there is about the same a guided Elk hunt out West but you are all but guaranteed to get all of the animals in your "package." Take a look at the deals and offers for next year. Stick with the outfitter/ sponsors of AH. These guys are vetted on an almost daily basis. They cannot afford to deliver a hunt that doesn't measure up to your expectations. One thing for sure, stick around here for a while and you will discover that you need a rifle with a bit more "horsepower." Don't worry, we'll help you pick it out, as well as the ones after that. ;);)
I have had dreams of hunting Africa since I was a wee lad, my uncle had a signed picture from Fred Bear with a downed elephant hanging on the wall behind his desk, I had a couple of friends that I went to College with who were from grosse ile, a few duck hunts down that way, biggest gun I have right now is a custom built sharps in 45/90, but have dreamed of a .375 H&H for a long time.

Hello Ravensview,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Your 7x57 is a classic African cartridge.

Likewise, blue steel and walnut are typical of Africa even today.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.
Yea, when I saw a ruger no.1 rsi in that calibre I new it needed to come home with me

Seems like “hello the camp” is straight out of a John Wayne movie, bunch of roughnecks sitting around the evening fire sharing sundowners-which puts you in good company since that is every evening during safari! Welcome to the camp sir.
Thanks, always announce yourself when entering somebody’s camp, and you are right I am a fan of John Wayne.

Welcome Ravensview!

Welcome to AH, you have a great rifle for Africa

Welcome to AH Ravensview! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to the family and the forum @Ravensview! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH and the posting side Ravensview! Great to have you here and we are looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you