Hello the camp

Ravensview

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
SCI,DSC, DU
Hello to all,
New member here, I have not hunted Africa but it is on my wish list, I am an avid hunter and fisherman mostly in my own state though (Michigan, U.P.), I have hunted Whitetail deer mostly for big game, but I have also hunted Black Bear and in Colorado Elk, I do a lot of small game hunting mostly rough grouse, snowshoe hares and squirrels, I occasionally hunt coyotes, I have been hunting for 48 or so years, It seems as though when ever I do internet search’s I come upon this site and find myself reading for hours on end when I get the chance to do so, so I figured that was a good reason to become a member, and also too learn more from others experience, I am also a fan of wood and blued rifles in historic calibers, and love reading about the old African safaris and current hunts, I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful community, I hunt mostly with a ruger no.1 rsi in 7x57, but also hunt with a longbow, pistol and shotgun.
thank you!

AH does tend to use up some daylight.

Welcome.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard!

Ravensview, welcome to the AH forum! You’ll find lots of guys here who are into old cartridges, wood and bluing! I’m not one, because I’m lazy!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you for the warm welcome

Welcome to AH!

Gday

Giday and welcome to the A H forums Ravensview

Welcome to AH!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome aboard Ravensview. I too am from Michigan, but down in the Southeast corner. Actually an island between the U.S. and Canada at the mouth of the Detroit River. Have you ever thought of hunting Africa? A guided Plains game hunt there is about the same a guided Elk hunt out West but you are all but guaranteed to get all of the animals in your "package." Take a look at the deals and offers for next year. Stick with the outfitter/ sponsors of AH. These guys are vetted on an almost daily basis. They cannot afford to deliver a hunt that doesn't measure up to your expectations. One thing for sure, stick around here for a while and you will discover that you need a rifle with a bit more "horsepower." Don't worry, we'll help you pick it out, as well as the ones after that. ;);)

Welcome to AH Ravensview! I think that you will enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the dark side, there are lots of guys on here that will enable your love of wood and blue along with classic calibres. You may find yourself heading to Africa sooner than later if you hang out here too much.

Welcome aboard, pull on up to the fire and have a cup. Enjoy the forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg