Hello from the UK

Hiya
Thanks for that
It's looking that way lots of friendly advice so far :)
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome Wayne t. The answer to all your questions re. hunting in Africa can be answered here. I went on my first Safari last August. We discovered this site about 16 months prior to our departure date and found it invaluable. Reading the Hunting Reports, loading data and looking at the photos will all enhance your desire hunt Africa.

Shooting competitively makes you a better shot, why would you cut back on it prior to leafing for your Safari? You will be expected to use "shooting sticks" but there might be an opportunity to shoot off-hand as well.

I wouldn't put too much stock in "the shots will be under 80 yards." Of the 23 animals my sons and I took, about half of them required shots over 200 yards.
 
Welcome to AH @Wayne t! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy!
 
Welcome Wayne t. The answer to all your questions re. hunting in Africa can be answered here. I went on my first Safari last August. We discovered this site about 16 months prior to our departure date and found it invaluable. Reading the Hunting Reports, loading data and looking at the photos will all enhance your desire hunt Africa.

Shooting competitively makes you a better shot, why would you cut back on it prior to leafing for your Safari? You will be expected to use "shooting sticks" but there might be an opportunity to shoot off-hand as well.

I wouldn't put too much stock in "the shots will be under 80 yards." Of the 23 animals my sons and I took, about half of them required shots over 200 yards.

Thanks for that
Yeah I'm going to cover all distances most my hunting in the uk is free standing never use sticks as a rule bipod now and then if needed
The shooting comps I'm dropping are all the running around action type shooting practical shotgun 3 gun comps so won't affect my hunting and distance shooting at all
 
what 9.3x74r do you have? and it will depend on which part of sa you will be hunting as to shot distances. some will as you have been told be in the 80 to 100yds region or way less, and others in the 200+ yds range .
 
what 9.3x74r do you have? and it will depend on which part of sa you will be hunting as to shot distances. some will as you have been told be in the 80 to 100yds region or way less, and others in the 200+ yds range .

Hiya
Nothing fancy just a Bikal over under shoots really well with the 285 grain heads I use I can get both shots under 6 inches at 100 free standing
North east part of the Limpopo first then over in Natal should be longer shots there so will be bringing the win mag if I don't get my 338 built in time
 
Dynamit Nobel 285 expanding I really love the round and like I say it shoots great in the gun I have
 
Welcome Wayne. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!
 
Think just the classic orange and black box

had a look and it seems they have changed from what i thought was a nice colour scheme to a boring greyish/black two tone.....

csm_rws_280rem_id_bp_2117401_10-5g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__02_83cf2bad1b.png
csm_idclassic_1c14ebea90.png
id classic
csm_rws_id-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_2dc8037d52.png


csm_rws_30-06_uni_bp_2314703_13-0g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__01_a7780fd8bc.png
csm_uniclassic_3715cbdae5.png
uni classic
csm_rws_uni-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_c293eab11d.png
 

Attachments

  • csm_rws_280rem_id_bp_2117401_10-5g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__02_83cf2bad1b.png
    csm_rws_280rem_id_bp_2117401_10-5g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__02_83cf2bad1b.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 197
  • csm_rws_30-06_uni_bp_2314703_13-0g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__01_a7780fd8bc.png
    csm_rws_30-06_uni_bp_2314703_13-0g_image_Verpackung_2Patr_Spiegelung__01_a7780fd8bc.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 185
  • csm_idclassic_1c14ebea90.png
    csm_idclassic_1c14ebea90.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 184
  • csm_rws_id-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_2dc8037d52.png
    csm_rws_id-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_2dc8037d52.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 165
  • csm_rws_uni-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_c293eab11d.png
    csm_rws_uni-classic_geschoss-cal30_bp_rgb_72dpi_c293eab11d.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 193
  • csm_uniclassic_3715cbdae5.png
    csm_uniclassic_3715cbdae5.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 179
Welcome to AH Wayne! Nice to have you here.
 
Damm won't be getting any more of those then I only got them because I liked the box ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,328
Members
170,549
Latest member
LashundaPl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top