Hello from Texas

Will Self

Reaction score
Hunted
TX, NM
Hi. I have been lurking for a while and finally joined. Will be heading to Africa in 2023 for my first safari and have learned a ton from this forum. Looking forward to learning even more. I may not post much myself, but I will be reading and learning!!!

Welcome to AH Will Self!

Hi. I have been lurking for a while and finally joined. Will be heading to Africa in 2023 for my first safari and have learned a ton from this forum. Looking forward to learning even more. I may not post much myself, but I will be reading and learning!!!

Hello Will Self,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Paul.

Welcome to the AH community. Please share some of your trip details. Always great to hear from first timers what you are setting your sights on!

Welcome to the dark side. I will be watching for a hunt report on your return from your "FIRST" safari. Good luck.

Welcome to AH Will Self. You know by now that AH doesn't work like that. Obviously you have hunted in the past, own and shoot rifles. All experiences that someone may benefit from. When you have something to add to a thread even if it is just an opinion "chime in" my friend.

Happy reading.
Welcome to the posting side of AH.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Will Self. As you’ve already discovered there is a lot of info available on this site. If you can’t find the answer here, just ask. A lot of safari experience on here and everyone is glad to help.
Congratulations on booking your FIRST safari. There is no other hunt like a FIRST safari. As others have said, it won’t be your last. Take lots of photos.

Will, welcome to the AH forum! Oh the first Safari! You’re going to have a grand time!

Thanks every one for the kind welcome!!!

Welcome to the AH community. Please share some of your trip details. Always great to hear from first timers what you are setting your sights on!

We are planning on a plains game hunt with Nathan Askew/Bullet Safaris. I read all the Peter Capstick books around the age of 11 or 12 I guess and that planted the dream of Africa. While a Cape Buffalo hunt is very near the top of my bucket list, I very much want a big Kudu. There is a group of 4 of us from my work that are going. We all want to hunt dangerous game at some point, but felt taking some of the plains game animals on our wish list would be a good first trip. Not to mention easier on the pocket book, I need to get at least one kid out of college before I go after a Dagga Boy!!! My older brother and nephew hunted Cape Buffalo in Tanzania with Nathan 2 years ago and had an outstanding trip and experience, brother has been after me to give Nathan a call ever since.

While I have 4 or 5 specific species I want for the trip, did I mention I want a big Kudu??? If I have learned anything from talking with Nathan, this forum, and several hundred hours of YouTube videos is this. I'm gonna take what Africa offers ( big Kudu??) and enjoy the trip!!!

Welcome to AH.

Giday Will and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Will Self!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg