Hello from snowy Montana

MT_Fin

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hello all,
I’ve been reading posts like crazy as I get ready for my first trip to Africa next year and thought it was about time I joined in the fun.

I am an avid hunter and fisherman and I have a passion for Conservation. I’ve always dreamt of Africa and now its inching closer to reality and I couldn’t be more excited.

I look forward to learning from all of you and I have greatly enjoyed what I have read so far.

Thanks for having me!
Fin

Hi Fin, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Fin! Where are you hunting and what's on your wish list?

Welcome to AH Fin! Where are you hunting and what's on your wish list?
Thanks! SA most likely. Just about ready to pull the trigger on a hunt but noticed some better deals in the AH deals section! Including the new plains game hunter deal with Henry Griffith.

Wish list is fluid at this point but.....
Zebra
Impala
Wildebeest
Warthog
Blesbok

Reactions: ack
Welcome to our forum Fin. Hope to visit your state one day before I get to old and catch a trout or two. Good luck with planning your first trip to Africa. It will be beyond all expectations, especially for your first trip!

Fin your going to enjoy Henry! Be sure he takes you out to call in jackal! Great fun!
Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Henry will give you a good hunt!

Hello & Welcome @MT_Fin !

We have a little vacation place in the Bitterroot Valley between Hamilton and Darby. Been a part-time Montana resident for about 15 years now. Are you anywhere nearby?

Welcome Fin! I’ve been to your state a couple times, but never to hunt I hope one day I can change that! Enjoy the planning stage of your trip and I look forward to reading your report once you finish your trip!

Hello & Welcome @MT_Fin !

We have a little vacation place in the Bitterroot Valley between Hamilton and Darby. Been a part-time Montana resident for about 15 years now. Are you anywhere nearby?
I am just east of Missoula but visit the bitterroot often.

Welcome to AH. Years ago I hunted your state nine times: Jordan, Thompson Falls and Superior areas.
There is nothing like that first safari. Be forewarned, it will become addictive.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! I've been a regular visitor to Montana for about 20 years. Love to elk hunt on the east side of the Paradise Valley, right around Pray.

Welcome to AH Fin. Planning your first (or 6th) trip to Africa is much of the fun.

I didn't see a Kudu on your list???

I a little east of Bozeman, and I have more snow right now that I've had in the past 41 years that I've lived here. I'd really like to see some of that global warming that the liberals are squawking about.

Welcome to AH Fin. Planning your first (or 6th) trip to Africa is much of the fun.

I didn't see a Kudu on your list???

I a little east of Bozeman, and I have more snow right now that I've had in the past 41 years that I've lived here. I'd really like to see some of that global warming that the liberals are squawking about.
We are covered up in snow too. I’m over it! Ready for spring and chasing bears and turkeys.

Kudu is definitely on my list, but will have to be for another trip. With 3 young kiddos this is going to be a budget trip, so no kudu this time.

Welcome aboard MT_Fin. This is the best place to get all of your questions regarding hunting in Africa answered.

Welcome to AH.
Happy planning.

Thanks! SA most likely. Just about ready to pull the trigger on a hunt but noticed some better deals in the AH deals section! Including the new plains game hunter deal with Henry Griffith.

Wish list is fluid at this point but.....
Zebra
Impala
Wildebeest
Warthog
Blesbok
That is a great starting list. The wildebeest needs a shoulder mount. Nothing screams Africa like a wildebeest.

Be careful of those impala, That was probably my most difficult plains game hunt. Mostly because it got in my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg