Hello from Idaho

spud06

New member
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
Location
ID
Hunted
Botswana
I hope to learn some good stuff here. I've been to Africa a couple dozen times for work, but haven't hunted there yet. Hope to get there this summer for a hunt. Pretty much just hunt Idaho for elk and deer. I took an 18 year break from hunting big game until 2017 when I got back into it. Work got in the way. Retired now, so trying to catch up on the lost years.
 
Giday spud and welcome to the A H forums. Retirement makes you wonder how you ever had time for work.
 
I hope to learn some good stuff here. I've been to Africa a couple dozen times for work, but haven't hunted there yet. Hope to get there this summer for a hunt. Pretty much just hunt Idaho for elk and deer. I took an 18 year break from hunting big game until 2017 when I got back into it. Work got in the way. Retired now, so trying to catch up on the lost years.
Welcome to our forum @spud06. I was out of hunting for about 13 years due to an overseas job. Now I have all the time in the world, but the money is the reason for my limits now!!! Good luck on your first African trip.
 
Welcome to AH spud06! Enjoy exploring the site.
 
I hope to learn some good stuff here. I've been to Africa a couple dozen times for work, but haven't hunted there yet. Hope to get there this summer for a hunt. Pretty much just hunt Idaho for elk and deer. I took an 18 year break from hunting big game until 2017 when I got back into it. Work got in the way. Retired now, so trying to catch up on the lost years.

Welcome to AH! I'm a former and hopefully future resident of Idaho. Lived in Pocatello for a number of years and miss it badly. What part of the gem state do you call home?
 
Thank you gentlemen..
Phil, I live in Boise. Pocatello is a beautiful area, but winters there are a bit more serious than here in the Treasure Valley.
 
Hello from neighborly Utahn-glad to have you aboard!
 
Welcome to AH. You will make up time pretty quickly here.
 
Welcome Spud. This is possibly the best site on the internet for not only hunting Africa, but all things hunting and shooting. Go Broncos!!
 
Welcome from WA state. Lived up in Weippe ID for a couple of years back in the mid 70's.
 
Welcome Spud. This is possibly the best site on the internet for not only hunting Africa, but all things hunting and shooting. Go Broncos!!
id say thee very best site.!!!
 
Welcome to the forum Spud06,

I had the opportunity to visit your beautiful part of the world late last year. Was privileged to be hosted for a few days by the owner of Hux Customs, Chubbuck. I made a whole bunch of friends really quickly, and I now have a livetime of memories. I would return to Pocatello to visit in a heart beat if possible.

Good luck with the planning of your possible summer hunt to Africa, make the most of the opportunites that is out there.

Take care.
 
Welcome
Have a great trip have fun enjoy your retirement
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome from another Idahoan! The wife and I are 20 minutes north of Idaho Falls off I-15.
This place has more information and helpful people than you could imagine. Really a great place.
Any one of the outfitters here would give you the experience of a lifetime. Hope to be read your first African hunting report soon.
 
Welcome Spud from another potato head! Thats the problem with work, always gets in the way of important stuff!
 
Spud06, welcome to the AH forum! If you can’t find the info on here you need, please just ask. Someone on here is bound to know the answer!
Best of luck getting back in to hunting and congratulations on your retirement! You’ll probably find you are at least as busy as you ever were working. Now get out there and enjoy every minute!
 
Pocatello is a beautiful area, but winters there are a bit more serious than here in the Treasure Valley.

Roger that!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,126
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top