Hello from DFW

tward1604

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
USA
I just realized I haven't made an intro post. I've scrolled and read here for years but never engaged. I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can here.

I can't wait to get to Africa for the first time. Some day I'll be chasing buffalo with my 404 and plains game with the 30-06.

Welcome welcome welcome

Hello tward1604,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The two cartridges you have mentioned are both classic as well as perfect for Africa.

When you have a spare moment, take a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.

Plus, I encourage you to read the threads and posts that various members have written about their hunting and fishing adventures with us.

Even if you book with one of the other great outfits here in the world’s greatest forum, I will be happy to answer any questions about equipment, clothing and general Safari kit that you may have.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello tward, good to have you on AH. You are certainly well equipped for Africa, please can you post some pictures of your guns.

My 30-06 as it currently sits. I will start the inletting process here in a couple weeks
IMG_3610.jpg

My 404 Jeffery by Reto Buehler.
Larue.jpg

Beauties Both !
Reto Buehler is one of, if not thee best Magnum Mauser man alive today.

Giday tward and welcome to the A H forums

Howdy back from the DFW & NTX

Welcome aboard tward1604. Your 404 Jeffery is one BEAUTIFUL rifle. How does it shoot? Both of mine shoot well under an inch at a hundred yards but they don't look nearly as nice as yours. Have you hunted with it yet? We have a fantastic recipe for404(s) providing you are a reloader, just in case you are interested.

:S Welcome:

Welcome aboard tward1604. Your 404 Jeffery is one BEAUTIFUL rifle. How does it shoot? Both of mine shoot well under an inch at a hundred yards but they don't look nearly as nice as yours. Have you hunted with it yet? We have a fantastic recipe for404(s) providing you are a reloader, just in case you are interested.
It shoots fantastic. I have even flipped that 400 yard leaf up and shot it for fun. It is like lobbing artillery at that distance. I have everything to reload (except large rifle magnum primers, I could kill a unicorn before I find any of those) I would be more than grateful for that data. It has accompanied me through plenty of mesquite for pigs and an unlucky coyote.

Luckily I bought a couple hundred woodleigh softs and solids about 10 years ago that are still waiting in their boxes.

Welcome to another DFW member. Lots of us on here.

Welcome to AH, that .404J is a beauty!

Welcome to AH tward1604!

Welcome to AH from Wichita Falls TX. Love the 404J. Your 30-06 is going on to be a great companion for it. You have to take them to Africa.

safe shooting

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg